1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Why won't my Macbook Pro connect to my Sanyo PLV-60HT projector???!

Discussion in 'Apple' started by rgfinnegan, Feb 23, 2012.

1. rgfinnegan

rgfinnegan New Member

Hello, I recently received a Sanyo PLV-60HT that i am trying to hook up to my macbook pro. I bought a 5 RCA to HDMI (male) cable and tried to connect it through that cable as well as my mini DVI to HDMI (female). When i plug everything in and put it on the correct input, the projector does not seem to read anything. Could someone please help!? :huh: Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this or have any recommendations on a good quality hook-up method? Thank You in advance!! -Rich:)

2. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    A. welcome to HTF! B. what Macbook pro? DVI or mini displayport? C. 5 rca to HDMI? wha????, why would you want to do that. You realize that's going from a digital to an analogue connection right? Not usually something you can just force a cable to do.

3. rgfinnegan

rgfinnegan New Member

Im sorry i wasn't very clear i was in a rush.. Here is the deal, I have a new macbook pro. I have a mini display port to HDMI (female) connector. I bought a cable off of amazon that had 5 RCA on one side and HDMI on the other.. (this is the cable: http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-HDMI-RCA-Cable-FT/dp/B005QWH4QA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330061119&sr=8-1) the only reason i did this was because i have a xbox that is plugged in with the xbox cable that has 5 RCA on one side and the xbox connection on the other. So i thought i would give it a try. I was not aware that the HDMI would not work when converted to the 5 RCA.... please help me. Im confused. I just need a way to connect my mac to the projector with the best quality possible. Thank you so much for your time and help! -Rich

4. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Well-Known Member
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
  5. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Yup, Cameron has you covered! The cabling might be as expensive as that PJ is now tho! I don't know what your budget is but it might be time to think about upgrading that guy to something with a true HDMI input. Even a used 720p PJ with HDMI would be a big step up. Like maybe what I had, the Panny AE900u, bet you can find them for under $500 these days. http://www.projectorcentral.com/sanyo_plv60.htm