What's new

Where is our freakin' flying car? :) (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I was reading a story on AOL News about our degrading interstate. How most bridges and tunnels where only designed for a life span of 50 years, and that is now approaching fast.

I know the Driscoll bridge was finally just replaced, and that really needed it as it's a key transport to Southern NJ.

But, when all is said and done, is ANYONE working on the flying car? We don't have to get high off the ground. Maybe 100 meters over the houses of residents, depending on how quiet the propulsion system is. Traffic routes can follow existing highways and roads, and not go beyond that so no one gets lost...

Per a drunken flying car driver, an un turn offable saftey measure could kick in, so residents need not worry. Say a pre-programed route is put into place. If the driver suddenly turns the stick down and plummets to the ground, the computer system instantly takes over, and puts them back on track...

So, has anyone seriously begun working on a flying car, like the have the car boat?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Hell, with the kind of gas mileage we are getting on the current clunkers, I'm busy thinking about going back to a scooter/vespa type thing for most appointments rather then looking forward to an uber-gas guzzler like a flying vehicle :) Besides, bad enough drivers on the road now; give them 360 degrees of manuverability and I see lots of disasters. Forget about being rear ended, wait until someone would dive right into you from above. :)

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Yeah, I somehow doubt that a population that is increasingly worried about global warming and the price of gas is going to embrace the personal airplane to travel 5 mins to work ;) I'd love to try one out though...

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Actually, another division of my employer is working on just such a thing. We should actually start receiving prototype kits sometime in the fall...

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Are you nuts?! People can't be trusted to not drive their road-car into the side of the occassional house. What are people going to do when 16/72 year olds start taking-out the 25th floor of skyscrapers?

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil

Heh, deadly serious, or are you cracking up laughing as you write this post? :)

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter

I'm serious...I can't reveal any real specifics yet, but the vehicles will be sold in kit form. The company is called Roadable Aircraft, Inc. and is a division of Mundus Holdings. The website is ready, but can't go live yet. However, I'm staring at an employee link for the site on my other computer right now...

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Does everyone here think that if flying cars were REAL that EVERYBODY would drive one?

I really think there would be a pilots license or some other form of training involved. Plus I doubt these would be easy to take up and off for someone who doesn't know how to fly.

Just my feeling. I'd love to have a flying car. Ive been taking flying lessons since I was in 3rd grade so I think I'll be alright. Don't need to worry about me abusing the flying car.

Lol!

Colton

Supporting Actor
Forget flying cars. The future transportation will be in teleportation.

- Colton

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil

Nah... I'm like Doctor McCoy. I don't like the idea of one mis placed molecule, and boom, no nose :). Or worse, nose being exchanged with a certain body part below the belt :). Maybe we need Transdimentional Portal Technology instead :)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil

Hmm, I wonder if it would be any cheaper in kit form than actual assembly form. Then again, I'm reminded that someone famous went down in a plane they built themselves...

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Flying cars will never be a reality, they have no practical application. However, Hover Cars will most certainly be the future. A well designed hovercraft would fix all of the issues addressed so far.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
"Now boarding, Slipe-N-Slide for Los Angeles. Please have your boarding pass and swim-trunks ready at the gate".

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I was reading where the Moller flying car has managed to acheive 15 foot tethered flights after 40 YEARS of development. :frowning:

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Saw a photo of a water slide in my neighborhood dated 1896.Pretty cool but where are we going to keep the horses to get to the top?

DanielKellmii

Supporting Actor

Moller has been raising capital from "investors" for 40 years. He is very good at that. I have been reading about him for years and have never seen anything that remotely represents a real product. I think he is a crook. But, that is just my opinion. I don't know anybody else who can claim to be in product development for 40 years and not actually produce anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks