What's new

Where is our freakin' flying car? :) (1 Viewer)

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
After seeing Bruce Willis drive one in "The Fifth Element", I've decided that I want to stay on the ground.

Glenn

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Flying car? Im still wondering when they will make a reliable road car. The last thing I want is my flying car stalling at a red light. First I say they master the 4 tires on the ground type before looking into making ones with wings.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I remember seeing a TV show in the mid to late 50s and they were predicting that hover crafts would be the normal mode of transportation in the 1990s. In the first half of the 20th century we had seen incredible advances, that I guess "experts" assumed the advances would continue and continue.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
They did, just no where everyone expected them to go (like moon and Mars colonies): For instance, few then anticipated the fantastic communication infrastructures we have at our disposal today.

--
H

Rudi

Stunt Coordinator
How about "The Roads Must Roll" by Robert Heinlein? Different speed moving walkways like at some airports. There is also a simpler version. Robotic legs situated at strategic sites, you go to one, program in your destination and move to the front and bend over. It then kicks you to the next one and so on until you arrive alive but disinclined for unnecessary travel. :)

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Flying cars will only work if they can develop some kind of propulsion system like in ID4. Otherwise, with gas prices the way they are, no ordinary Joe will be able to afford one, which obviously doesn't solve the infrastructure problem.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter

Well, the kits my employer will be offering aren't exactly for the ordinary Joe. They'll start around $51K...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks