What's new

Where do you buy records (if anywhere at all) (1 Viewer)

Matt Fisher

Second Unit
Our record player was busted, I just recently ordered a new one and am looking forward to breaking out some of my parents old vinyl that haven't seen the light of day probably in about 10 years. Obviously I'm going to want to pick up some more though, besides eBay, where are good places to find records? I know Virgin sells, but if I remember right their prices are through the roof.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I buy more used records than new ones. I have 2 local used places to grubble through. I run searches on e-bay and find something there occasionally. Online, I shop Music Direct, Elusive Disc, and Acoustic Sounds. I don't buy all that many though. However, I'm to recieve some LP's from Music Direct today. I got the new Springsteen, Neil Young's Greatest, and an album by the Black-eyed Peas.

My advice is to avoid 180 & 200 gram records. Making them flat seems to be a problem. With a greater width, a warp can be a bigger, higHer problem. Many TT's don't like them, especially. I think super-sized records is little more than a gimmick to greatly increase the price for nothin'...money for nothin', eh! I think anything over 140 is a waste.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Libraries can be a good source of records. A lot of the ones that have book sales also sell records as well. Used book stores of size also can carry records. There are also "record shows" that come to this area every once in a while, which have a bunch of vendors selling vinyl.

If you are talking about new records, I think Tower carries some vinyl, but not a huge amount.

Jason

Joey Skinner

Second Unit
Garage sales can be a gold mine for dirt cheap used records, but it can be time consuming finding something you like.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
If it's popular music that you are looking for, both Amazon.co.uk and HMV.co.uk have really good selections.

Christopher_P

Stunt Coordinator
Might also check out acousticsounds.com they carry plenty of new vinyl. Infact I just received an order from them today (The Who: Who's Next, The Clash Combat Rock, and Guns N Roses Appetite for Destruction).

I have ordered from them several times in the past and haven't had any issues with them. Always seem to ship really fast too if what I wanted was in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks