What's new

When are We going to see a Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea Blu-ray Release?! (2 Viewers)

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
VTTBOTSPromoSlide.jpg

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Nice picture Happy Halloween Harry!

Voyage line up is the Haunted Sub the two creatures that Richard Basehart did not star in at the end of season 2. Perhaps David's favorite role the monster in the diving Bell. Still love the Phantom might rerun that. Halloween night I shall start with Halloween then the Mummy 1930s movie then the two Dark Shadows movies.

KarlB737

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Karl
Mark Collins said:
The new books from Alfa Contol..............
Now some time ago we got the new Voyage book (50th Anniversary Tribute). Maybe I've missed something but is there more to come that I haven't catched?

Just an aside for the Seaview to keep an eye on:

China Reveals Fleet Of Nuclear Submarines In Apparent Show Of Force (VIDEO)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/01/china-nuclear-submarines_n_4193837.html

Just caught another more recent David Hedison interview:

Interview: David Hedison | Diabolique Magazine

http://diaboliquemagazine.com/interview-david-hedison/

JeffT.

Deceased Member
I am breaking (or defying) my self-imposed exile from this discussion thread merely to impart that Sheila Allen the widow of Irwin Allen has recently passed away (so recent that it is not yet announced on the IMDB).

More-to-the-point assuming that the late woman still maintained part ownership of her husband's 1960s SF tv series VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA, LOST IN SPACE, THE TIME TUNNEL and LAND OF THE GIANTS what will happen to her portion?

Will 20th Century-Fox Television ultimately buy out the estate and acquire 100% entitlement?

This could bode well for continued DVD and Bluray manufacture-distribution without any interference.

I don't mean to sound so bruskly mercenary about this but the less hands claiming entitlement hopefully should pose fewer problems (particularly potential obstructions) for the collector-consumer.

Jeff T.

KarlB737

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Karl
JeffT. said:
I am breaking (or defying) my self-imposed exile from this discussion thread merely to impart that Sheila Allen the widow of Irwin Allen has recently passed away (so recent that it is not yet announced on the IMDB).

More-to-the-point assuming that the late woman still maintained part ownership of her husband's 1960s SF tv series VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA, LOST IN SPACE, THE TIME TUNNEL and LAND OF THE GIANTS what will happen to her portion?

Will 20th Century-Fox Television ultimately buy out the estate and acquire 100% entitlement?

This could bode well for continued DVD and Bluray manufacture-distribution without any interference.

I don't mean to sound so bruskly mercenary about this but the less hands claiming entitlement hopefully should pose fewer problems (particularly potential obstructions) for the collector-consumer.

Jeff T.
Courtesy: The Wrap.com
Sheila Allen, Widow of Producer Irwin Allen, Dead at 84

http://www.thewrap.com/shelia-allen-widow-producer-irwin-allen-dead-84/

Regarding the rights to Irwin's shows you would probably have to check both their wills.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
There was a question about bad Voyage DVDs. Fox no matter how long ago you bought them or from where the purchase came from will replace them for you. You must call them at there internet site Fox Connect. You have to return the item to them before they will replace it. I have found them very gracious in the past.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I forgot to thank Harry for the great picture from Seaview. Thanks again Harry! I have only one show from season 4 volume one that gave me a problem but I wiped it off and it was ok. I did double dip on all seasons and the Time Tunnel. Amazon has always been great to me on returns of DVDs if something is wrong.

Gary I followed your Christmas shows this year and you are right the Voyage Christmas episode is a must see for Voyage fans. I did not watch the LIS Christmas episode this year LOL. You are right a reading of the Christmas story at the end of the show would have been a great idea for when Will returned from earth.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Man what a week. Monday put the fireplace on got something nice and warm to drink and watched Frost Men on Voyage. Loved the episode and the sets. I always put it on during a Chicago Winter Storm but this time it was for the cold. I also view all versions of the pilot from color to b/w with commercials and the one found with lost footage that one of our members had and gave to Fox. You really can see where they made the cuts in some scenes. I watched those last Fall. I always wondered where Chip went in the Frost Men episode. The only one that he does not appear in.

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
Mark Collins said:
There was a question about bad Voyage DVDs. Fox no matter how long ago you bought them or from where the purchase came from will replace them for you. You must call them at there internet site Fox Connect. You have to return the item to them before they will replace it. I have found them very gracious in the past.
Not if you live outside of the USA they won't.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Mark Collins said:
Thanks for that info and the number! Do you know if they require the return of the entire set or just the defective disc(s)?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^Wow! That absolutly negates any interest I have in such a program. I have some sets for which I've done 2-3 exchanges before getting a playable copy of *all* episodes. Frequently that would involve Amazon with me swapping the single bad disc bad for a good one. To have to send a entire season (or series) back *before* receiving a replacement is outrageous as there's no guarantee the replacement would not have issues! I just got a replacement copy of Land of the Giants because a *single* episode would not play and the *replacement* was also defective on the exact same disc and episode! The replacement was not as bad but it still hung/skipped. I only had to re-watch 6 episodes to verify the disc on that one. I don't know if I'd have the heart to rewatch an entire season (or series) just to verify there were no other issues.

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
This problem got so bad for some of those awful Universal DVD-18 discs that Amazon stopped issuing replacement sets.

As you say, the depressing thing was you could exchange your whole set, only to get one with another faulty disc. Only a fault in a different place, or disc. These problems weren't consistent in that way, it's not like say the Castle Greyskull He-Man set, where one disc has a known fault and you can send just that one back and get a fixed version.

The faults on these double-sided dual layer discs were random. And the only way to find them is to watch the whole lot all the way through. Or to use a disc checker on a computer DVD drive. Nero CDSpeed is good - you just set it to read and checksum the entire disc (one side at a time, ofc). But even then, drives have different tolerances. I checked all my Voyage discs and they were fault free. But that was on a DVD drive I replaced recently. This drive will also read one of the bad Hammer Horror set discs that the old one wouldn't.

It's enough to make you scream. I'm glad I can now buy Voyage as a UK issue set - on single-sided discs.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I have never had a bad Fox DVD-18 - at least yet. On the other hand, I have had nothing but problems with the Universal DVD-18s. I finally gave up getting Adam 12 Season 1 because I could not get a complete Season 1 that played all the way through. My Rockford Files Season 1 played all the way through the first time. At some point, one episode, "In Pursuit of Carol Thorn", started locking up. At some point after that, another episode, "The Dark and Bloody Ground", locked up. Universal owes customers better than that
A few years later, I purchased another Adam-12 Season One and finally got an entire set that was playable. I haven't went through Adam 12 again, so I have to hope it will still be playable through the compete season one next time around.

Amazon has been great doing exchanges over the years, but it is a pain to have to repeatedly go through returns for something that is obviously substandard in the first place.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Thank you Karl for the heads up. I am watching Voyage 2-4 since I finished season 1 earlier this year. I got a charge out of Richard Basehart in Doomsday Island with Hedison. I am not sure but I do believe he rolled his eyes at Hedison when it was explained a creature was loose on board at the start of the episode. They were standing by escape hatch.Richard seemed on board with the script later though and of course the best is when he blows the flying sub out of the water to the shock of Chip. I really like Chip because he seems to go along with all the plots.I also watched one of David Hedison's favorite episodes from 4 when he changes into a beast. Not a bad episode and I used to dismiss it but I see what Hedison means. Nice shot of the Flying Sub coming toward Seaview too.Well off to Seaview!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks