What's new

What was the First concert you ever went to? (1 Viewer)

Chris Monk

Grip
My first concert was Duran Duran in 1984. The Reflex was #1 on the charts. Good show. Lots of cute girls there too! ;)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
My first concert I attended was the Beach Boys at the Illinois State Fair in the summer of 1966. This was right after Pet Sounds had been released, so I heard God Only Knows and Wouldn't It Be Nice.

My most memorable concert was sitting in the first row, center for Simon and Garfunkel, in November 1969 at SIU, Carbondale, IL. I heard Bridge Over Troubled Waters for the first time at this concert. I will never forget that concert as long as I live.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter

Holy crap! I haven't thought about Magnet and Steel for decades. I'm amazed you remember who did that song..and impressed too!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I am trying to really remember but I think it was Chicago around 1974 at the Coliseum in Houston. The rest came fast an furious after that. In no particular order.

Billy Joel with about 250 people in the audience. This was just after he released Piano Man at the Music Hall in Houston.
Andre Segovia at the Music Hall in Houston.
Edgar Winter Group they played Free Ride and Frankenstein each for about 30 minutes. This was with Ronnie Montrose playing guitar for them. I think this was the Music Hall too but I can't remember.
Styx with only about 500 in attendance at the Music Hall.
BTO at the Coliseum in Houston.
Black Sabbath opened by Boston when nobody knew who they were. I believe this was at the Coliseum.
Wings at the Coliseum with the Wings Over America tour.

Just to name a few. They were all a lot of fun.

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
First show: Rush, Irvine, Summer 1984

Most Recent Show: Rush, Irvine, Summer 2004

Symmetry is a beautiful thing. :)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
My dad took my brother and I to see Kiss.

Madison Square Garden 77. I was about 8, my brother was 6.

I remember this show so clearly. My brother was walking around with a Kiss shirt that went down to his ankles. Alot of the hippies found it amusing.

Dave>h

Second Unit
Ahh the first concert

I remember it well.

Van Halen - 1984 Tour - Colliseum in Vancouver BC

Opening act was the Velcro's I believe. They got boo ed. They sucked.

Most recent concert

Sarah MacLachlan - Hammersmith Apollo, London UK.

Going to see the Black Crowes next Saturday night in New York. Can't wait!! Last saw them open for Robert Plant (Now and Zen I think).

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
lollapalooza the 2nd one... Can't remember the year..... But it was freaking cool.... I think that summer I went to some 20 plus concerts after that..... It was a great time.....

R~

Nathan Gillmore

Stunt Coordinator
I've missed out on so many concerts during my life, due to my upbringing. Anyhoo, first one was Tool a couple of years ago in Little Rock, Arkansas. There sure were a lot of glaucoma sufferers there...

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker

That's strange. They were at all of my concerts too. They really must like music. The only place they didn't show up was at the Segovia concert.

TommyT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
Van Hagar, uh, oops, Van HALEN, 8/86, at the Niagara Falls Convention Center. Yikes, what a debacle that was: Rowdy yutzes at the ticket place. They chucked a rock at my Dad's truck & put a dent in it. Dad called the cops, they showed up & the jerks behaved from then on. They also got their shrimpiest friend to apologize for all of them. Few days after getting the tix my best friend started acting UBER-arrogant & I didn't talk to him for at least 6 wks after the show. He was bein' a total putz.

Most recent was Ministry in Rochester, NY last Nov. Took my brother for his b-day. INCREDIBLE! 1000 times better than when I saw them in Poughkeepsie, NY about 5 wks earlier.

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Brooks
I think it was Deep Purple, Nazareth, and Rory Gallagher (whoever he was), all together, in the early 70's. I just remember having to go outside the arena just to get normal air-the pot smoke was so thick inside! (I was like 11 or 12, I think.) I do remember it was loud. "Love Hurts" is still one of my favorites, though.

Bob Friend

Stunt Coordinator
Megadeth. Forget the year, but it was for the So Far, So Good, So what... Album

Warlock opened for them.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
First: Billy Joel, Feb. 1987 at the USF Sundome in Tampa.

Most recent: Huey Lewis and the News opening for Chicago at the Ford Amphitheatre in Tampa this past July.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks