What's new

What was the First concert you ever went to? (1 Viewer)

James Ryfun

Stunt Coordinator
The first concert I ever went to (when I was a wee lad) was Elvis Presley; sometime in the mid-seventies in Syracuse N.Y. I believe it was 1975, actually.

Dan Keefe

Second Unit
The Jacksons Victory Tour in 1984...There was no one on teh planet that could touch Michael jackson that year...no one.

I saved my paper route money for months for tickets and ended up getting second row seats in Rich Stadium...It was absolutely amazing.

I don't know how you can fall so far and so hard but in 84...He was the greatest

Since then I have about 100 concerts under my belt

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
The first three concerts I attended were all with a two-week span or so (and also shows just how diverse my musical tastes are...)
#1 Styx (last leg of the "Great White Hope" tour)
#2 ABBA (their ONLY US tour)
#3 The Kinks (STILL one of the most incredible live shows I've ever attended)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

What year? The Kinks were the first concert I saw for an act I still like. I saw KISS in 12/77 but grew to dislike them after I hit puberty and discovered the Beatles. The Kinks in 1/82 were the next band I saw, so for years I thought of them as my "first concert"...

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
3 Dog Night at the Met Center in Bloomington, MN back in either 85 or 86.

They played their concert after a Minnesota Strikers game (the pro soccer team at the time)

Their stage was setup in the seats at the one of the goal ends. I went with my Dad and a good friend of mine. I was either 13 or 14 years old and I had been introduced to them by my Dad after I got into his record and tape collection.

I don't remember too much about the show itself. I remember they were selling an EP they had just released and my dad didn't want to pay the $15 they wanted for the tape.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks