What's new

What movie has the lowest recorded bass note? (1 Viewer)

Billy Gun

Stunt Coordinator
What DVD (Movie) has the lowest recorded bass note?
Also, what scene is it in the movie?
Are there many movies out there with sub 20 HZ material?

Jon D

Stunt Coordinator
I think "The Haunting DTS" has the honor. There's a huge spike at 5 Hz in the opening credits. Also the door pounding scene has some massively low bass in that region. The part that sticks out is right when Zeta-Jones says "the cold, can you feel it?"
Other DVD's (that I know of) that contain large amounts of under 20 Hz material include, but are not limited to:
Lost In Space
Fight Club
Titan A.E.
Titanic
Toy Story 2
The Phantom Menace
U-571
Volcano
Independence Day
there are others, I'm sure. But these contain higher than usual amounts.
------------------
Looking at the cake is like looking at the future. Without tasting it, what do you really know? And by then, of course, it's too late.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Toy Story 2 and Titan AE are possible contenders.
------------------
Link Removed
15354t.jpg

------------------
My Favourite Movie

Shaun

Second Unit
I don't know about the lowest, but definitelly one of the loudest, most chest pounding, yet very low blasts of bass I ever heard was in The Matrix. When the helicopter crashes into the building and there are two explosions- "Boom, BOOM". I still haven't seen a movie that can match that. The Haunting comes close with the "Coming Mother" scene. I remember that scene in the Matrix when seeing it at the theater but still haven't been able to experience it at home. Maybe when I get my new SVS.
------------------
Shawn Siref
(Shaun is my code name, Shhh! Don't tell anyone!)
Shawn's Home Theater
Shawn's DVDs

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
My unofficial testing has made THE HAUNTING- DTS the winner of this contest ( although with very little finess; a little distorted). SAVING PRIVATE RYAN DTS, and U-571. If anyone want to buy a 2 channel CD that will annhiliate your sub get MICHAEL STERNS - THE LOST WORLD

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks