1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the best sub <$150 CD/receiver?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by Sebastian, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Sebastian

Sebastian Well-Known Member

Looking for good CD player for my car without sepnding a lot.
    Thanks

2. Angelo_Petralba

Angelo_Petralba Well-Known Member

Not bad for $95.00 + shipping!

Blau Casablanca

3. Sebastian

Looks like a cool CD player and deal! Is the website reputable?

4. Scott L

Scott L Well-Known Member

Ikesound is bad, I've had a crappy experience with em. Go to www.thezeb.com and pricematch the same product over there. Pioneer makes decent head units at that pricepoint.

5. Sean^M

Sean^M Well-Known Member

$150 is a bit low for a good car CD player to be honest. Clarion has good units for $200-250
    below that, yeah I would agree look at Pioneer, though usually I stick to the Premiere line if at all possible.
    Otherwise, look at Alpine, in the $250 range.

the extra $100 makes a world of difference in reliability and features.

I'm new to the forums (*waves*) but far from new to car audio. I've been an installer since 91, and competed professionally in IASCA. Best of luck in whatever unit you go with.

6. KurtW

KurtW Well-Known Member

Pioneer 2500 isn't bad. The JVC 890 isn't bad either, and does MP3. Kenwood 322 and Sony 510 are options too. Remember - you get what you pay for.

7. Sean^M

Sean^M Well-Known Member

The pioneer isn't a bad choice, I agree.. I just prefer the Premiere line if possible.
    JVC, I've seen a lot of recent reports of tuner issues with them, and I myself have a JVC in my Jeep, and have tuner problems with it.. when it's been on for several hours (4 hour trips regularly for me) the tuner craps out totally.. though the CD player still works fine.
    Kenwood, not the greatest reliability.. many complaints.. nice features though, and if you're lucky and get a good one, they are nice.
    Sony.. *shudder* trust me.. don't even go there.. nightmares for reliability and quality control.
    best of luck with whatever you choose

8. Sebastian

Thanks for the reply guys,
    Yeah $150 is max, not really into car audio anymore. So as long as the HU plays CD's and tunes that is all I need. I will look at the pioneers too and I saw Alpine makes two

9. Sean^M

Sean^M Well-Known Member

sure, not bad units, any of the above.
    Clarion has affordable units as well, and are well respected by every owner of one I've spoken to.
    Another option is looking for a bit higher end model used, from eBay, or car audio forums with for sale sections and so forth.