What's new

What do you guys use to track your DVDs? (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Do those software do anything other than keep track of what you own? I am wondering what the point is.

Thanks.

--
Holadem

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
My personal preference is a MAC, and I also use virtual PC 5 For Macintosh that runs DVD Profiler 2.1.0 flawlessly. No prejudice for or against Mac or PC is going to stand in my way of getting the best software for my 1,267 DVD's.;)

Also, I have backups on a Sony Vaio notebook and a G3 powerbook.

Paul

My Collection

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
It makes for an easy way to keep track of info about various DVDs. If you want to check for discs with certain features, or if you're lending them to people, it can be a huge help.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I see. I am one of those who only really care about the movie and pays little attention to features (except on the LOTR movies ;) ).

Thanks Dan.

--
Holadem

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
I use DVD-Af. I've also got it on DVDProfiler because for a couple of weeks, DVD Af was down...

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
I use DVDaf, it's easy to use and for others to browse through. Guzzlefish is also pretty nice. I do love the ability to scan UPC codes in DVDprofiler though.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Hi all,

How does DVD Profiler and the other ones work?

Can you download the program and use it offline? I've seen people post collections online, but can it be used offline?

BrianP

Supporting Actor
I use DVDTracker and DVDAficionado to keep track of my DVDs. I just looked at Guzzlefish.com and might start using it also. It looks like it combines many of the features from Tracker, Aficionado, and Profiler all in one site.

Je-P

Stunt Coordinator
DVD Profiler does work offline and is great at printing up reports. Only problem is that you can only update your collection on the computer you have the program installed on. DVDAf and Guzzlefish will let you update your collection on any computer with internet access.

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
How does DVD Profiler and the other ones work?
Je-P has mostly answered it but hey:
U download the program and install it on your PC. U enter your DVDs via the UPC/EAN on the barcode of the DVDcover. U can also search for titles in case u haven't got the box with u.
Then u download the profile to your PC. U also have the option to displaying your collection online. u just need to click on the My Profiler button and it will update you online database. u can then also check how many people visited your online database aso.
Great little programme.
HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks