What's new

What are you really hoping to come out on WB Archives DVD in 2010? (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
In 2010, I'm really hoping that more obscure tv movies come out like:

Project X

(does anyone remember this one?)

Cold Turkey

Murder Can Hurt You

Now I know some of these properties may not be owned by WB, but I was surprised by the Man From Atlantis coming out from them.

James

What do you guys wish would come out?

Phil Black

Auditioning
Real Name
Phil
Irwin Allen's Flood! (1976) and Fire! (1977)

Sole Survivor (1970), starring Richard Basehart, William Shatner, et al.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
What I want to see out in the archives this year is the Warner Westerns and detective shows from the 50s and 60s. Shows like more Cheyenne, Maverick, Sugarfoot, Bronco, 77 Sunset Strip, Bourbon Street Beat, etc.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I guess i would have to chime in on the same titles as others have. The 50s and 60s detective shows and westerns. 77 Sunset Strip would be at the top of my list.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
How about The F.B.I., and 1980s shows like The Mississippi (1983-1984) with Ralph Waite and The Yellow Rose (1983-1984) with Sam Elliott and Cybill Shepherd. Obviously proper DVD releases would be ideal, the star casts certainly would justify that. And of course the 1970s Harry O with David Janssen, that detective classic definitely deserves better than pirate copies floating around or even the Warner archive thing, its cult popularity and fan demand ought to warrant the real deal. Just like it's happening now with Scarecrow and Mrs. King.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Other thoughts about the WB Archives:

Has anyone noticed that a great man studios (including WB Archives) are holding the names of their titles pretty close to the vest this new year. There aren't too many clues on what films are coming out (or what's being considered).
This lack of information is driving my crazy.
P.S. Considering that the WB Archives have been releasing 20 titles a month and there are 12 months a year. there will be 240 new releases by Christmas 2010. That'll be about 500 films by them.

James

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
The World, the Flesh and the Devil (1959). This deserves a standalone "pressed" release, not just because it's a good film but also to cash-in on the end-of-the-world craze currently affecting Hollywood.

Hey, I'm new here and about to take the WB Archive Plunge and get PARTY GIRL and PRIVATE LIVES, anyone have these can heads me up to problems like skips, fuzziness, not playing in older DVD players, dialogue out of sync, mismatched chapters, et al?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I have Private Lives and I don't remember any problematic issues with it outside of the company using an old video master for it and thus sharpness isn't great and sound is very hissy (as I recall; I watched it months ago). Of course, it's a 1930 movie, so one expects sound to be rather primitive.

Art_AD

Stunt Coordinator
More from MGM Television:

Series:
Logon's Run
Please Don't Eat The Daisies
Courtship of Eddie's Father
Father Of The Bride
Daktari
Girl From UNCLE
The Thin Man
Dr Kildare
Then Came Bronson (series)
Mr Novak

Tv Movies:
The Phantom Of Hollywood
Hawkins
How The West Was Won
Hello Mother, Goodbye
Harry & Maggie (Tv Pilot)

Maisie (TV Pilot)

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
There's really only one WB series I'd pay a premium for that isn't already out: Harry O.

If they're WB (and who knows?), I'd also pay for Slattery's People and The Great Adventure -- but I figure I'll be at that great video store in the sky before THOSE are available!

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I notice a lot of people are hoping for vintage TV shows on WB Archives. Have ANY TV series been put out on the archives line yet?

My vote would be for "Red Dust" "Raintree County" "Little Nellie Kelly" "Throroughbreds Don't Cry" and the Andy Hardy movies.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
Originally Posted by Mark-P

I notice a lot of people are hoping for vintage TV shows on WB Archives. Have ANY TV series been put out on the archives line yet?

My vote would be for "Red Dust" "Raintree County" "Little Nellie Kelly" "Throroughbreds Don't Cry" and the Andy Hardy movies.
The show Eleventh Hour was put recently. It is a recent show though and not a vintage show. I think the reason people are hoping for the vintage shows is because 1) this is the forum for tv on dvd and 2) when this series was first announced they said that they were thinking of putting out vintage TV series on the archive series, but so far nothing.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mark-P ">[/url]

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, The Eleventh Hour from last season but I think that's it.

EDIT: Willard beat me to it.

Charles H

Screenwriter
I'd love to see the "real" ELEVENTH HOUR from the sixties with Wendell Corey and great Guest Stars, I was very disappointed that it was "the other one."
Re THOROUGHBREDS DON'T CRY and LITTLE NELLIE KELLY: They'll probably come out with the Judy Garland megaset. EVERYBODY SING came out as part of the WIZARD OF OZ promotion: Garland and Billie Burke.

Van594

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
I would like to see the Midnight Caller (1988) complete series put out since it doesn't look like it will make a regular release. WB had a connection to this series through Lorimar so not sure if they still have the rights but if so I think it would sell well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks