What's new

3D What 3D Blu Rays do you have? (1 Viewer)

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
I'm also not very interested in animated titles in 3D.
I'd really love to see like just some small intimate drama done in 3D, digital or film origination is irrelevant to me, but content is what I'm thinking of.
We're perhaps in the period when 3D is thought of as exotic enough it's only right for certain films, like the early days of Technicolor. I think it can be useful for many more types of films than we've seen it used for, all it takes is artists who want to make use of the tool and financing to back them.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Bob Furmanek said:
I agree 100% Richard!
Your 3-D holdings are the ones I look forward to the most, Bob.
Tell us about The Sword of Granada (1953) which few people have ever heard of.
What kind of shape is it in?
What do you think of the film?
Will you be releasing it as well as The Bubble?
The imdb says it was filmed in Tercera Dimensión Bríceno. Which dual-strip 3-D system was that?
How's the quality of the 3-D lensmanship?

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
The elements on SWORD are in great shape but the stereo photography is rather sloppy. We have not done any work on it yet but when we do, it will require extensive scene to scene correction for parallax issues.
It was filmed with the same dual-camera rig as the other Mexican 3-D features. Unfortunately, I have no further information on the camera system.
The film itself is a lot of fun and I would love to restore it and get it out there. As of right now, there are no plans to release this title. If and when that changes, I'll be sure to post the information.

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
I have the following 3D Movies:
1. The Lorax
2. Dinosaurs Alive
3. Titanic
4. Immortals
5. Thor
6. Haunted House
7. Legand of the Guardians
8. Toy Story Complete Collection.
9. Tron Legacy
10. The Universe

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Just saw this thread - nifty! I got a 3D TV in May, and since then, I've acquired:
1. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
2. The Adventures of Tintin
3. The Amazing Spider-Man
4. Avatar
5. The Avengers
6. Beauty and the Beast
7. Captain America: The First Avenger
8. Coraline
9. Creature From The Black Lagoon (UK single-disc import)
10. Dial M For Murder
11. Ghosts of the Abyss
12. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
13. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
14. Hubble (IMAX documentary)
15. Hugo
16. I, Robot
17. John Carter
18. Journey to the Center of the Earth
19. The Lion King
20. Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live In London
21. Prometheus
22. Resident Evil: Afterlife
23. Tron Legacy
24. Thor
25. Titanic
26. A Very Harold and Kumar 3D Christmas
27. Yogi Bear

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
We've got (in order of acquisition):
1. Tangled
2. Tron Legacy
3. Green Hornet
4. Drive Angry
5. Beauty and the Beast
6. Lion King
7. Cars 2
8. Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
9. Resident Evil: Afterlife
10. Nightmare Before Christmas
11. Harold and Kumar's Christmas
12. Hugo
13. Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
14. Tintin
15. Journey to the Center of the Earth
16. Gnomeo and Juliet
17. Bolt
18. The Smurfs
19: Despicable Me
20. Underworld: Awakening
21. Clash of the Titans
22. John Carter
23. Immortals
24. Wrath of the Titans
25. Conan the Barbarian
26. Titanic
27. Pirates! Band of Misfits
28. Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
29. Prometheus

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I'm torn between my desire to own as much 3D as I can and my desire to not spend money on movies I hated and will probably never watch again even though they're in 3D.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
I know your pain, but I'm sticking with the live action stuff and only a handful of animated films on blu-ray. I've had it up to here with CGI cartoons. I need to see human faces and physical reality to relate to a drama. I know AVATAR is much loved and the biggest hit there is, but to me it's so aggravatingly simplistic and politically corrected in its writing that I can't always enjoy it, 3-D or no 3-D. Do try the Imax documentaries.

ijthompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jordan
I'm pretty new to the party (don't even have my display yet), but so far I've bought (in order):
  • Tron Legacy
  • Titanic
  • Creature from the Black Lagoon
  • Prometheus
I don't dig CGI cartoons much either, but I have to say, if they re-rendered The Clone Wars tv show in 3D, I'd re-buy those for sure.
Looking forward to House of Wax, and secretly hoping for Space Hunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone, to relive some of my misspent youth. :P
Also quite curious about 3D gaming.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Josh Steinberg said:
I'm torn between my desire to own as much 3D as I can and my desire to not spend money on movies I hated and will probably never watch again even though they're in 3D.
This reminds me of the early days of dvd when people gushed over discs because of their pq and surround audio even though the movie was crap--I steadfastly refused to buy a copy of Lost in Space.
I too am more tempted by live action titles rather than computer animation though I will admit to having Tin Tin and How to Train Your Dragon because I reallly like those movies.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
The only two I'm not a fan of on my list are Conan and The Smurfs. Conan was $9, and The Smurfs was for the gf. So... I'm willing to take those two losses :)
Every other movie on the list I enjoyed -- even Green Hornet!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Conan by far is the worst 3d film I own. Both the film and 3d are terrible. Bought it blind thinking " how bad could it be?"
Oof!

RBlenheim

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert Blenheim
After initially thinking I'd need a second appendix before needing a 3D system, it was "The Life of Pi" that did it for me. I want to always have the beautiful visions of the film accessible to me so I gave in. Of course, I pre-ordered that one, but I have, to date, purchased the following 3D films (and shouldn't get many more since a film has got to be a special love, not just any to show off 3D): HUGO DIAL M FOR MURDER THE POLAR EXPRESS PROMETHEUS THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON TITANIC Originally, I was adamantly opposed to Titanic since it was a 'converted' job and not made in 3D, but the reviews were so good on Bluray.com that I decided to get it, and I'm glad I did. Excellent job in converting to 3D, and it gave it a whole new experience. Bob Blenheim

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Hold off scheduling those appendix appendings, folks. There's no reason for haste.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Causously entering the 3D arena. So far I have: Creature From Black Lagoon Dial M For Murder Titanic Prometheus Frankenweenie Plan to acquire Hugo Adventures of Tin Tin Tangled I do anxiously await more 50's 3D titles.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Steve Schaffer said:
This reminds me of the early days of dvd when people gushed over discs because of their pq and surround audio even though the movie was crap--I steadfastly refused to buy a copy of Lost in Space. I too am more tempted by live action titles rather than computer animation though I will admit to having Tin Tin and How to Train Your Dragon because I reallly like those movies.
So far, I'm just the opposite. For me, 3D works best for animated films, computer or otherwise. I've been impressed with the 3D conversions of Beauty and The Beast, Finding Nemo and several others. Monsters vs Aliens, I thought was actually improved by the 3D. In 2D, I always thought the film fell flat. As for live action 3D, I have been less impressed and that includes the much ballyhooed Avatar.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks