What's new

3D What 3D Blu Rays do you have? (1 Viewer)

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
Seeing this being discussed in the CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON thread and not wanting to contribute to a derailment of same thread, I figured I'd open this one up.
As much as I love 3D, I can only cop to owning a few 3D Blu Rays:
Adventures of Tintin
Beauty and the Beast
Captain America: The First Avenger
Dolphin Tail
Hugo
Legends of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'hoole
Sector 7
Sharks 3D
Sports Illustrated 2011 Swimsuit 3D Eperience (Irina Shyak in 3D is a beautiful thing)
Thor
Yogi Bear
I have dutifully pre-ordered DIAL M FOR MURDER and CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON, asked for THE AVENGERS for my birthday, and will pick up UP and GHOSTS OF THE ABYSS when they come out, as well as any other 50s 3D movies like DRAGONFLY SQUADRON (hiint, hint, Mr. Furmanek).

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
as well as any other 50s 3D movies like DRAGONFLY SQUADRON (hiint, hint, Mr. Furmanek).
Discussing this with three potential distributors as we speak...

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Coraline
Tron Legacy
Hugo
The Lion King
Dial M for Murder - pre-ordered
Creature from the Black Lagoon - pre-ordered
Titanic

I'll eventually get some of the Pixar. Maybe Titanic. Maybe something else I'm forgetting at the moment. But much of what's out there just isn't of interest to me, period.

Note to studios: I will pre-order, on the day of announcement (like I did today), ANY AND ALL VINTAGE 3D MOVIES. You release 'em, I'll buy 'em. That's what I want, and that's my commitment.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I have too many 3D titles to list--not as many as Ron must have, but close as my purchase patterns run parallel with his positive reviews.
I do have Avatar, a Chinese import that I bought from eBay. It is a favorite along with Hugo and Peter Gabriel New Blood Live in London.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
It might be easier for me to list the 3D movies released so far that I DON'T have.

I will say that my favorites in terms of 3D effectiveness are Avatar, Megamind, How to Train Your Dragon, Coraline, Tangled, Hugo, G-Force, Bolt, Beauty and the Beast, and Captain America: The First Avenger. Only the latter two were conversions.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I own the following 3d titles:
Alice in wonderland
Captain America
Narnia
Clash Of The Titans
Cloudy with a chance of meatball
Coraline
Despicable me
Ghost Rider 2
Green Lantern
How to train your dragon
Lion King
Piranha 3d
pirates 4
Resident evil 4
Tangled
Thor
Transformers 3
Tron legacy
Underworld 4
Yogi Bear
The best of course is avatar. tron is really good as well as is how to train your dragon. I want to get hugo. great 3d, saw it in the theatre.
Jacob

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I've got a whopping FOUR titles:
Hugo
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Tangled
Tron Legacy
I'll definitely be getting Dial M For Murder when it comes out....

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
Pretty much ALL of them. Even some sub par German 3D conversions, but those shouldn't count. Anyway, it's well over 100 by now. Well, I had to buy that many to justify the purchase of the Panasonic PT-AE7000U and 5 pairs of glasses.... Didn't I? :rolleyes:
I'm all in for the 1950's classics as soon as they (hopefully) start arriving. "Dial M for Murder" just got pre-ordered.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Bolt
Tangled
Open Season
Piranha 3D
Resident Evil: Afterlife
Despicable Me
Imax Deep Sea 3D
Monster House
Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs
Yogi Bear 3D
Monster's VS. Aliens
Imax Under The Sea
Megamind
Michael Jackon's This Is It
Sammy's Adventures
Final Destination 3D
Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs
TinTin
Kung Fu Panda 2
Rio 3D
Hugo
G-Force 3D
Drive Angry
Most I received for free (came with the my Sony 3D TV) or $5 each as one of the bonuses of working retail. Others I just bought the Blu-ray 3D disc on eBay for $15. The last eight on the list were $14.99 at Best Buy with the $5 free upgrade. Otherwise I wouldn't have them. They look OK on my 55 inch Sony 3D TV in my family room as I'm sitting about 13 feet from it - should be 6 or 7 feet for the best 3D effect . But once I get a 3D projector with a 120 inch image and sitting about 14 feet in my home theatre room the 3D image should look a lot better.
I will be getting Dial M for Murder and Creature from the Black Lagoon. Other titles too when I find them for $15 or less.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
So far, I only have the following few 3D Blu-ray Disc titles:
Captain America, The First Avenger
The Green Hornet (First 3D BD title ever purchased)
Hugo
Sports Illustrated 3D 2011 Swimsuit Experience
Thor
Transformers: The Dark Side of the Moon
Yogi Bear
I am just getting started. I have several titles on my wish list--along with many others I vow to place under the tree in December, which will exponentially lift my 3D BD total!!!!! :):D :P

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
I added YOGI BEAR to my collection recently. Watching it, I was surprised at a)how great the 3D looked and b)just how funny the movie really was. Oh, it's a stupid movie, to be sure. But funny stupid. I loved it. Best Buy has that Owl movie for $20 this week and I'm thinking of getting that.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I agree about the 3D. It's very effective. The movie, like Disney's G-Force which also boasted superb 3D usage, was a chore to sit through, but the 3D made it worth it for me.

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
I expected major suckage from YOGI BEAR since a)I thought I heard it was a conversion and b)everyone said it sucked. So I was surprised (and delighted) to see that it was, in fact, true 3D and that the movie did exactly what it set out to do. Is it as great a comedy as say, AIRPLANE!? Hell, no. But it's actually one of the better live action versions of a cartoon done since it replicates the cartoon pretty well. Certainly, it's better than THE FLINTSTONES two movies. Ackroyd and Timberlake do good in terms of the voices, Anna Farris is easy on the eyes--especially in 3D--and the jokes, though obvious actually manage to work. The bit with the nachos is not only a great 3D effect, it's actually a fairly funny sight gag. Perhaps best of all, the movie doesn't overstay it's welcome running at a brief 80 minutes. I can see myself popping this into the blu ray player from time to time. Would I watch it in 2D? No, but then again, I try to make it a rule to not watch 3D movies in 2D unless I have no other choice.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Still waiting for my 3D kit to arrive in the mail for my TV, but I picked up some titles so I'm ready when it comes:
Tintin
Hugo
Green Hornet (it was cheap, $10)
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
and I had the Avatar Panasonic disc.
Definitely getting Dial M and Titanic, and otherwise I'd just add Tron Legacy and Captain America to what I have. Not really a fan of animated films in general, and not crazy about conversions, though I might pick up Piranha if I see it cheap since it was fun in the free preview screening I saw way back when.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I guess I should add in my current collection
Hugo
Monster House
Alice in Wonderland
A Christmas Carol
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
Coraline
Despicable Me
Resident Evil: Afterlife
Toy Story 1-3

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
Having just this week bought a 65" Panasonic VT50, I already had the following 3D titles:
The Adventures of TinTin
Alice in Wonderland
The Avengers
Beauty and the Beast
Cars 2
A Christmas Carol
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
Hugo
The Lion King
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Prometheus
Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
I will be getting:
The Amazing Spider-man
Finding Nemo
I, Robot
Men in Black 3

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I got a great deal on a Sony EX723 60" 3D set and went 3D crazy!
So far I have:
Harry Potter And the Deathly Hallows Pt 1
Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Pt 2
Tron Legacy
John Carter
Pirates Of The Carribean: On Stranger Tides
Cars 2
The Lion King
Beauty And The Beast
Tangled
Disney's A Christmas Carol
Underworld Awakening
The Polar Express
Wrath Of The Titans
Journey To The Center Of The Earth
Journey 2 the Mysterious Island
Hugo
Thor
Captain America
The Adventures Of Tin Tin
Transformers Dark Of The Moon
The Green Lantern
The Green Hornet
Monster House
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek 3
Shrek 4
How To Train Your Dragon
Megamind
Monsters vs Aliens
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
Despicable Me
Hubble 3D
Piranha
Resident Evil
The Three Muskateers
The Darkest Hour
Drive Angry
Puss n Boots
Gullivers Travels
Narnia: the Voyage Of The Dawn Treader
Ice Age Dawn Of The Dinosaurs
Rio
Immortals
3D Safari Africa
Whew! Got almost all of them for $14.99 with the last Best Buy trade in program.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Reviewing that list of titles, I'm reminded that almost all 3-D feature films are of a similar theme in the same genre.
I have the Imax documentaries.
I also have Hugo, Polar Express, and The Adventures of Tin Tin but I'm not going further into CGI animation because frankly I've had enough of it.
Hugo I bought despite my disapproval of and dislike for Ben Kingsley.
I'm all grown up now, and I can take only so many cartoons pitched at the same intellectual level.
I need to see human faces emoting instead of cute cartoon critters given human voices. Enough is enough.
I'll be getting Ridley Scott's PROMETHEUS 3-D which is a film I like very much, and I'm eager to receive the two classics DIAL M FOR MURDER 3-D and CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON 3-D.
But I would like to see straight-forward live action 3-D films -- drama, comedy, action, adventure, horror, sci-fi -- that is not dependent on digital capture or digitally generated landscapes, sets and effects. I want to see genuine stereoscopic cinematography of real-life people and places. When that kind of film starts coming out I'll buy more 3-D blu-rays.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks