What's new

Weekly RoundUp *Black Friday Edition* (1 Viewer)

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
Just came from Target to complete my South Park Season Set Collection by purchasing seasons 1 - 3 for $17.77 each. God I love Black Friday. I feel like a vulture feeding on the rotted flesh of retails overstock. :D

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Man, I'd have loved to have snatched up that second Family Guy set at that price. I'm not even going to try now.:frowning:
Wonder if Wal-Mart will be willing to Price Match?

Can't believe I could have bought Pitch Black at K-Mart for $5. I just bought it at DDD during the 20% off sale. If I could still find it, it would be worth returning for the price difference.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The Target I went to still had many copies of the 17.77 titles at 10:30AM. I snagged Buffy S7 (one of the three remaining) and got into the electronics line and waited only five minutes to check out. Going to Target was just an afterthought from picking up the set at CostCo, which I'll be returning later. I was really expecting the stock to be wiped out...I guess the denizens of that town don't know a good thing when they see it :)

I didn't even attempt a visit to Best Buy. All in all it was a painless Black Friday. The parking lot at CostCo looked like it was half an hour to closing on a nonseasonal weekday and we snagged a moderately distanced parking space at Target within minutes. The longest part was getting out of the lot, but that wasn't bad either.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I did pretty good.
At BB I got the 24 deal, and a few 5 dollar disks.
At Target I got 2 sets of Buffy S7, a rain check for Simpsons 4 and Man on fire.

I was hoping for that 500 dollar laptop at BB, but didn't make it in time....

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
I should have gone to Circuit City instead of Best Buy. All I was after was the 512MB Compact Flash card. I found the card quickly and then proceeded to wait in line to check out for about an hour and a half!

If we'd gotten the Circuit City ad in Thursday's paper, I would have known that CC had the same deal as BB on the same card and I would have gone there instead. I think CC lines would have gone faster since they're located throughout the store instead of all in a group at the front of the store. By the time I got there, the $4.99 DVDs were pretty much cleared out. Walked away from CC with nothing.

Got a few $3.88 DVDs from Wal-Mart: Dave, Rio Bravo, Blade Runner, Blazing Saddles and Planet of the Apes (2001). PotA rang up at $5.50 but I had found it in the $3.88 bin so the cashier marked it down for me.

My wife and daughter and I did some other Christmas shopping for family gifts at various stores here and there. All in all , a good day, though I won't be going back to Best Buy before Noon on Black Friday again. :)

JKS

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Anyone know if Dawson's Creek Season 4 for $17.77 at Target was just Friday? If it was, was it a 6hour type deal?

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

It was part of a Two-Day Sale (prices good Fri/Sat). I was able to get a raincheck at my Target for Simpsons S4 @ $17.77.

Does anyone know how Best Buy is about price matching on stuff like this? I thought about trying there on Saturday morning to get this price AND the bonus points for RewardZone.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I went to 3 different Targets today, and I hit the jackpot on the 3rd one. I think I'll be giving everyone I know one of the four season sets (because I picked up 4 of each of the following):

South Park S1
South Park S2
The Family Guy S1/S2
Simpson's S4

I figure, whatever I don't give away, I return to Target, plus there were still plenty of the season sets, except for South Park S1 which only had one left after my buying spree.

There were plenty of Buffy S7, and Dawson's Creek S4 season sets, but I just couldn't see myself giving those away to my particular set of friends/colleagues/acquaintances given the serial nature of those shows, but animated comedies are easier to get into and out of. So I stuck with the 4 animated comedy sets.

I also checked out Circuit City once more to see what was left, and picked up another 16 DVDs from the $5 bin for emergency gifts. Again, whatever I don't give away or earmark to be given away will be returned, probably a week before Christmas (to avoid the returns crowd after Christmas).

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I got a raincheck for Simpsons S4 at Target, then went to Best Buy to try and pricematch and they turned me down since Target was sold out. I wanted to pick up Iron Giant also (and get the bonus points on my RZ card), but that was a "no sale" for me...

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit
Things went really well yesterday. Hit Best Buy at 6 and the line was about 500 strong. The line moved quickly and I was inside the store by about 6:15. Got everything I wanted, including 24 and Aladdin. They seemed to have plenty of copies of all the sale discs. The checkout process was surprisingly efficient and painless. I was out of the store by ~6:45. Went to Target next and picked up seasons 1 and 2 of South Park. Was in and out in less than 20 minutes. "No lines, no waiting :)" On the way home, almost as an afterthought, I went to Walamart to check out the selection of $3.88 DVDS. The people were attacking the bin like ravenous animals, but my perseverance paid off. I picked up Say Anything, War of The Roses, Big Trouble In Little China, The Thin Red Line, and Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me for just over 20 bucks. I was home and back to bed by 8.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
The lil sister and I were terribly disappointed in BB's DVD sales yesterday. So much so BB was our last stop. Target was #2 and that's where we saw about a billion Simpsons and Buffy's (BF picked up Buffy). Went back today...nada.

I only picked up one movie yesterday: City of Angels at CC. And we only went there to get the Ryan Cabrera CD for 7.99. None in our party made it to bed prior to 2 pm.

But got a really good digi camera for $198 at Wal-Mart...talk about a freaking zoo.

SarahG

Second Unit
I ended up getting a few things online the other day. My favorite purchase of the day was an executive 8-sheet cross cut shredder. I've been wanting to buy a shredder for a while, but I can never justify spending decent money on a good one. I got one for nearly half price at staples.com. Was normally $69.99 and I got it for $39.99. I couldn't pass it up. I ended up holding off on another camera I wanted, but I'm still shopping around.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks