What's new

Weekly RoundUp *Black Friday Edition* (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
In my local K-Mart ad:
5 for $20 DVDs (Pitch Black, Grinch [Mike Myers} and Princess Bride are pictured)
"Additional Titles Available. Selection may vary by store. No Rainchecks."

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Patrick should get the bulk of your thanks this morning. He did all the clean up work by filling in the missing pieces. :emoji_thumbsup:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Okay, I've added/verified bits and pieces from the following stores this morning:

Circuit City
Best Buy
Target
Media Play
CompUSA (PC hardware, blank media)
OfficeMax (free stuff after rebates, blank media)
Office Depot (not too much)
BrandsMart (nice deal on the Gameboy Advance SP for $48.88)

Whew...I need to go back to bed!

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill

I know what you mean... I may be getting out at Target to find some of their handheld videogames (the cool all-in-one units that have Pac Man, Galaga, etc., for $12). But I would need to go to Target second if I plan on getting the $499 laptop at CompUSA.

There must be a plan of attack! Including going to bed early!

Oh, and don't forget your wake-up-call from Target:

www.target.com/wakeup

I love the Darth Vader / Heidi Klum commercial...

- Steve

Raymond_H

Stunt Coordinator
I'll be at Best Buy tomorrow morning, probaly around 9-10.

Nothing in the Black Friday Deals excite me to wake up and stay in line that early. But the one thing that did catch my eye was the no interest until 2006 for storewide purchases totalling over $299.99. Which is great for my christmas shopping of the Apple iPod and If I am lucky they will have in stock the BFG NVIDIA 6800 GT.

But thats all, probaly should go Saturday morning for the reward program thing, but I might as well double-dip on both days.

Nathan A

Second Unit
For those in Texas near a Fry's, they'll have the Godfather set, the Harry Potter set, and the Indiana Jones set for $29.99 each on Friday.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Looks like I'll be getting Buffy S7 at Target - 6am is going to SUCK! To ggod of a deal to pass up. :)

I was going to pick up a cheap DVD player but the one(Cyberhome) at Target is too expensive and has some seriously bad reviews from customers.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
In the full-page ad for Fry's in Atlanta, the Harry Potter Gift set ($29.99) is listed for only the Full-Screen version. Boo!

I've set up my itenarary for Friday, but I just don't think I'll come away with all the stuff on my list because I expect what I want at certain stores to be sold out by the time I get there. Decisions...decisions...

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Just to add to the pile...

Got a Walgreens e-mail touting BF specials (7 AM to 1 PM 6-hour sale). Includes DVDs 2/$10 ("$9.99 value") and VHS 2/$3 ("3.99 value"). The pic in the ad shows RUSH HOUR, UNDER SIEGE, MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING, and LEGALLY BLONDE 2...can't tell which are DVD vs VHS from the pic. Disclaimer: "Selection may vary by store"

For the "free after mail-in rebate" pile:

Kodak Power Flash
One-Time-Use Camera,
27 exp. Limit 1 rebate
$5.99

Christopher D

Second Unit
Many, if not all, of the Best Buy DVD items are up at the Black Friday AM price on Bestbuy.com at this very moment.

Go! Go now! Save yourselves!

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Was at Target when the doors opened @ 6AM. Made a beeline to the DVDs and snagged Buffy 7 and Simpsons 4. Stood around to see how long their stock would last...

2 minutes 43 seconds later they were all gone!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I got to Target around 5:45 a.m. and there was about 100 peope in front of me. My Target had more in stock of the DVD season sets, but I didn't stick around, though I bought 2 more than I planned on just because ... I COULD! I wound up with Buffy Season 7, Family Guy 1 and 2, and South Park Season 2. And just for giggles, I picked up Garfield.

Waited almost an hour in the Circuit City line, but came away with 17 $5 DVDs and a 250GB hard drive for $80 after MIR.

Missed out on a Brother 4-n-1 printer/copier/scanner/fax at Office Max.

Missed out on the 24 Season 1 DVD set at Best Buy, and the line was huge, so I went to Costco.

I picked up 5 DVD season sets at Costco (Smallville season 2 and 3, West Wing season 2, Gilmore Girls season 1, and Angel seaosn 4), but I went through the line 5 times since the coupon was 1/member/blah blah. I also picked up a Minitek portable DVD w/ 8" LCD screen for $150 (the coupon stated the 7" LCD model was to be sold, but Costco didn't get any of them and substituted the 8" LCD model instead (and it's almost 25% larger in screen size. Woo Hoo!)

Next, I'll be checking out Fry's and Office Depot and go back to Best Buy for the scraps (plenty of the $10 DVDs that I wanted were in ready supply).

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Also went to Target to pick up Buffy S7. There were 3 left. Couldn't resist The Family Guy so I picked up that too. Then as I'm leaving some soccer mom comes booking around the corner and something from her cart flew off and hit me. I think it was a weight set or something cause it was heavy and stung a bit. That's my only horror story.:D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

This is why I don't even bother with Black Friday. Most retailers stock only a tiny number of the big sale items that unless you're first in line, you get shafted.

Unless they have enough stock to last the entire sale period, or they're issuing rainchecks, it's pointless.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
There wasn't anything much I wanted in the Black Friday ads this year...but I had told my wife if she wanted to do the early morning thing there were a couple of things I'd go for.

As she was thinking it over...I went to the internet to check on the makes/models/specs of some of the things on sale. The first place I went was staples.com

For the two items I looked at, they had the BF prices available on-line! I thought it over...waited until after midnight (to validate the purchase was made on 11/26) and scored an IO Magic 16x +/- DVD Burner for $39 and a 160gb Maxtor HD for $39. They had the coupon codes necessary posted right on the product page. I think I may have even saved another $10 because of the way one of the coupon codes rang up. And, I've already printed up the mail-in rebate forms...but I think once the items arrive (on Tuesday!!!) I'll file the rebates electronically!

This is sooooo coooool! :emoji_thumbsup:

No long lines for me this morning...and some extra sleep!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
At CompUSA, I picked up two 100-packs of 4X DVD-Rs for $20 each (needed to do 2 trips through the registers). Sure hope these DVD-R blanks work, otherwise, I'm taking them back! Also picked up 2 wireless optical mice for $8 each.

At Fry's, I missed out on the Gameboy Advance SP bundle, but picked up a 200GB hard drive for $49 after MIR (will be returning the 250GB HD that I got from Circuit City). Also bought a $5 USB 2.0 8-in-1 memory card reader for $5.

Overheard a Fry's sales dude tell someone that the mob at 6 a.m. was so big that when they let people in, the people were running towards whatever they were wanting to buy, so the store had to limit the number of people inside the store for at least 20 minutes, and would only let people in as other people left the store. It must have been a crazy sight!

At Best Buy I only picked up a couple of $10 DVD: Chappelle's Show Season 1 and Mean Girls (with bonus notebook freebie), and U2's latest CD for $8. I passed on Will & Grace Season 1, and couldn't get 24 Season 1 (sold out).

I couldn't pull the trigger on any of the combo printer/scan/fax/copiers that I saw, so I'll continue to look around. Plus I have tomorrow at Office Depot to pick up something as they have a decent 20% off sale on the combo printers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks