1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Weekly RoundUp 8/10/04

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Mike Frezon, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Hah! I Kill Me!
    –Paul Fusco as the voice of Alf (Alf – 1986-1990)

[​IMG]

[c]The Weekly RoundUp[/c]
    [C]
    ______________TITLE______________ _ _Amazon _ BestBuy _ CrcCity _ Target_ _ Costco_
    Alf: Season 1___________________ _ $27.99 __ $32.99 __ $34.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $26.99 __
    Bad Seed________________________ _ $13.98 __ $14.99 __ $15.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
    Best of So Graham Norton________ _ $13.99 __ $19.99 __ $15.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
    Bill Cosby: Himself_____________ _ $10.49 __ $_9.99 __ $_8.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
    Conan O’Brien: 10th Anniversary_ _ $13.99 __ $14.99 __ $12.99 __ $14.99 __ $_N/A_ __
    Conan O’Brien: Triumph/Dog______ _ $13.99 __ $14.99 __ $12.99 __ $14.99 __ $_N/A_ __
    Crossroads______________________ _ $17.47 __ $19.99 __ $24.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
    Dead Above Ground_______________ _ $13.99 __ $15.99 __ $15.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
    Dead Ringer_____________________ _ $13.98 __ $14.99 __ $15.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
    Freaks (1932)___________________ _ $13.98 __ $15.99 __ $15.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
    Goodbye, Lenin!_________________ _ $20.97 __ $22.99 __ $24.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
    Good Times: Season 3____________ _ $20.97 __ $24.99 __ $19.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
    Heaven Is a Playground__________ _ $13.96 __ $14.99 __ $15.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
    Highlander: Season 5____________ _ $62.99 __ $58.99 __ $99.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
    Its Howdy Doody Time____________ _ $20.99 __ $24.99 __ $24.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
    Johnson Family Vacation_________ _ $19.59 __ $17.99 __ $15.99 __ $15.99 __ $_N/A_ __
    Kill Bill: Volume 2_____________ _ $20.99 __ $15.99 __ $15.99 __ $15.99 __ $17.99 __
    The Lost Boys (SE)______________ _ $18.89 __ $17.99 __ $19.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
    Manchild: Season 1 (NR)_________ _ $26.08 __ $24.99 __ $24.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
    **Nat’l Lampoon: Dorm Daze (NR)_ _ $22.60 __ $19.99 __ $19.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
    **Nat’l Lampoon: Dorm Daze (R)__ _ $22.60 __ $19.99 __ $19.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
    **Predator (CE)_________________ _ $18.89 __ $17.99 __ $19.99 __ $15.99 __ $_N/A_ __
    **The Prince & Me_______________ _ $20.99 __ $19.99 __ $19.99 __ $19.99 __ $_N/A_ __
    Three Stooges: Goofs on Loose___ _ $17.47 __ $19.99 __ $19.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
    Three Stooges: Stooged/Confoosed _ $17.47 __ $19.99 __ $19.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
    Three Stooges: 2-pack___________ _ $31.47 __ $34.99 __ $34.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
    Village…/Children of the Damned_ _ $13.98 __ $14.99 __ $15.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
    Yu Gi Oh!: Season 1_____________ _ $83.99 __ $79.99 __$119.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $78.99 __
    [/C]

A price difference this week between bestbuy.com and the Best Buy flyer on Highlander: Season 5. bestbuy.com = $65.99. Best Buy = $58.99.

Also, a price difference this week between circuitcity.com and Circuit City on Kill Bill Volume 2. circuitcity.com = $14.99. Circuit City = $15.99

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed advertisements, the Sunday of the week of release (so as to catch any week-of-release sale prices). All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price. If a price is marked "$_N/A_" in the grid, it means that this title is not shown as available on that chain's website or perhaps in their ads...but it COULD still be in-stores!

$_"LP" means the advertisement says "Low Price", and $_"HP" means the advertisement says "Hot Price". Use of either of these in the Roundup grid indicates that I could not locate a definite price for the item, and the ad is all I have to go on. Retailers use these phrases in advertisements so that they do not violate MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) agreements with the studios. Doing so can cost them thousands or even millions of dollars in co-op advertising funds.

I only include the titles I feel like including (or the ones Dave tells me he's looking for ;o)). In fact, the titles are pretty much the ones I'm personally interested in, with few exceptions. I don't get paid for this, and I don't have time to devote to doing every DVD. So, please don't complain. If there is a title not included in the Roundup that you want to see, just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone...like Dave & I do!

Note that Circuit City does not guarantee their sale prices in Hawaii. Also note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the standard Roundup: they set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is not a way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. When it comes to Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices mentioned at all, just remember that "Your Mileage May Vary".

**BE CAREFUL! PredatorAND Prince & Me are available in both OAR and MAR versions...get the correct one!!! Also, National Lampoon’s Dorm Daze is available in both “R” and “NR” versions...get the one appropriate to you!!!

--Amazon is still featuring free shipping on orders over $25. Restrictions apply.

--Best Buy is…SURPRISE!...having a two-fer deal involving Kill Bill Volume 2. But…SURPRISE!...it does NOT involve Kill Bill Volume 1! Buy Kill Bill Vol. 2 ($15.99) AND Jackie Brown (CE) ($14.99) and get both DVDs for 2/$25. $16 + $15 = $31. $31 - $25 = $6 savings.

--However, Best Buy is also offering—with the purchase of either Kill Bill Volumes 1 OR 2—a “Kill Bill DVD Slipsleeve” which will hold both DVD volumes of the Kill Bill saga. This is a Best Buy exclusive and it seems like a pretty neat one to me. Minimum 50 per store. No rainchecks.

--Best Buy is also advertising in its flyer a movie ticket for Alien Vs. Predator on-pack with its Predator DVD. I am not seeing this in Circuit City or Target advertising, but that doesn’t mean its not available there also. In theaters August 11. Up to a $12 value.

--Circuit City is actually offering a price break on the purchase of both Kill Bill movies…SURPRISE! [​IMG] Buy Kill Bill Volume 2 ($15.99) and Kill Bill Volume 1 (“low price"!!!) and save $5. So, let me see…$15.99 + ? = xª (where a is the square root of § ). A quick check of circuitcity.com shows Kill Bill Volume 1 at $24.99 but I cannot imagine that’s the in-store price. I guess we’ll just have to see. That is very lame, Circuit City. Lame. $5 off of what exactly? [​IMG] Stay tuned.
    -------------------------

The latest markdowns according to DavisDVD:

EFFECTIVE: August 10, 2004 (Studio/Titles/New SRP)

Columbia/Tri-Star

Jersey Girl ... $19.95

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Circuit City on sale DVD items:

$19.99:
    HellBoy
    Hidalgo
    Starsky & Hutch
    13 Going on 30

$11.99:
    Hilary Duff: The Concert

$9.99
    Jackie Brown
    Face/Off
    SwordFish
    Kings of Comedy
    BikerBoyz
    BeetleJuice
    Predator 2
    Enough
    The Player's Club
    Mission: Impossible 2
    The Firm
    Vanilla Sky

$8.99:
    PCS: Cedric the Entertainer
    PCS: Steve Harvey

$4.99:
    Reservoir Dogs

2 for $15:
    Jeepers Creepers
    Jeepers Creepers 2
    The Terminator
    Legally Blonde
    Uptown Girls
    Hart's War
    Good Boy!
    The Manchurian Candidate
    The Thomas Crown Affair
    Dances With Wolves
    Bowling for Columbine
    Out of Time
    Die Another Day
    The Barbershop

---------

Best Buy on sale DVD items:

$19.99:
    Starsky & Hutch
    13 Going on 30
    Hidalgo

$17.99:
    EuroTrip

$9.99:
    Bill Cosby: HimSelf

3 for $20:
    Trespass
    Out of Africa
    Mo Better Blues
    Beautiful Girls
    One Fine Day
    Shallow Hal
    He Got Game
    She's All That
    Quiz Show
    Summer of Sam
    Gattaca
    The Replacement Killers
    Glengarry GlenRoss
    The Rules of Attraction
    SNL: Adam Sandler
    SNL: Will Ferrell
    Election
    Tomb Raider
    Bad News Bears
    Zoolander
    Orange County
    Amistad
    The Legend of Bagger Vance
    Jungle Fever
    Training Day
    Sleepers
    New Jack City
    Three Kings
    SwordFish
    Summer Catch

--------

Target on sale DVD items:

2 for $20:
    Master & Commander: The Farside of the World
    Runaway Jury
    The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
    Stuck on You
    Cheaper by the Dozen
    Old School
    Animal House
    Independence Day Limited Edition

2 for $15:
    Jerry Maguire
    A Walk in the Clouds
    Out of Time
    Van Wilder
    Young Frankenstein
    SNL: Will Ferrell
    Swim Fan
    Reservoir Dogs Special Edition

3. David Glenn

David Glenn Well-Known Member

Thanks Mike...

Plan on getting:

Conan O’Brien: Triumph/Dog
    Kill Bill: Volume 2
    The Lost Boys (SE)

4. Kenneth Cummings

Kenneth Cummings Well-Known Member

Well this week has some good titles, with the Predator hunting down people, and the Lost Boys sucking down blood. Would get Kill Bill vol 2, but the double factor of both my brother buying it and the upcoming special edition just makes me not wanting to get it right now.

I do plan on getting some horror movies this week, even so I need to find some good idea soon...

5. Phil Tomaskovic

Phil Tomaskovic Well-Known Member

I believe fye has the ad in its store for "Kill Bill 2" for $9.99 after rebate.

6. Paul D G

Paul D G Well-Known Member

Thanks as always.

Lost Boys SE for me.
    Debating on Triumph and Predator SE. That free movie ticket deal is making it tempting tho...

-paul

7. David Lawson

David Lawson Well-Known Member

Horrible prices on Goodbye, Lenin! and Alf: Season 1.

I hope it's the Special Edition of The Manchurian Candidate in Circuit City's 2/$15 sale*, but I'm not holding my breath. I think I'm going to limit myself to the Triumph disc this week, though my curiosity about Freaks may get the better of me.

* Yes, yes it is.

8. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Well-Known Member

Circuit City has Reservoir Dogs for $4.99??? THAT'S a no-brainer to get.

I also placed my first order with Deep Discount DVD this week: picked up Freaks for $13.26 and Kino's Flying Deuces for $16.85. Can't wait for both!

9. Dillon*G

Dillon*G Well-Known Member

This week i'm getting Alf:Season 1,The Johnson Family Vacation,and Kill Bill Vol. 2.The CC deal for Bowling for Columbine and The Manchurian Candidate 2/15 sounds tempting.
    Thanks Mike.

10. DanielCo

DanielCo Well-Known Member

I'll probably get Kill Bill 2 used at Hollywood or Blockbuster in a few weeks.

For you Alf-a-holics, www.deepdiscountdvd.com has it for $21.27 as of this writing

Also the Conan O'Brien DVDs are $10.63 there, as is "Dead Above Ground"

11. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Well-Known Member

Tim Glover
    Thanks Mike. Predator & Cosby for me. [​IMG]

12. Craig Beam

Craig Beam Well-Known Member

Craig Beam
    Wait a second.... Best Buy has "Bill Cosby: Himself" on sale for $9.99 this week? I thought the release date was 8/17! Was it released early?

13. Ray H

Ray H Well-Known Member

Ray
    Jackie Brown for $9.99 and Reservoir Dogs for $4.99 at Circuit City sounds good to me. [​IMG]

14. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Well-Known Member

Malcolm
    The movie ticket to AVP in "Predator" is being shilled in the national TV campaign, so I'd imagine it must be available everywhere.

15. John T

John T Member

Yeah the movie ticket is included with every copy of Predator. Since I am going to see AvP, this purchase is a no brainer!

John

16. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Well-Known Member

I saw Predator on the shelves over a week ago, not at BB, and it had the ticket.

I'll probably be getting:
    KB vol 2
    Lost Boys SE
    Predator SE
    Freaks.

Maybe something from the 3 for 20, I've been wanting to get Gattaca for awhile...

17. Nick T Robot

Nick T Robot Well-Known Member

Kill Bill Vol 2 & Predator at BB sounds good to me

18. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Well-Known Member

The ads for both show the ticket coupon on the package, but don't list it in any description.

19. Andrea W

Andrea W Well-Known Member

If anyone finds Highlander S5 at Costco, please let me know the price.

Can't wait to get Bill Cosby: Himself!

20. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Well-Known Member

According to the Weekly Ad at CircuitCity.com ...

Kill Bill Vol. 1 is also $4.99!

Pretty impressive...if it's true.