What's new

Weekly Roundup 7/22 (1 Viewer)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
On Tuesday, July 22nd, the family of David Lambert suffered a tragic loss...

Their power. Dave is without an internet connection or power for his home theater. He's reading books by candlelight, staring at his TV that won't turn on, and his DVDs he can't watch. Memphis was hit by a big storm which knocked out power to 350,000 homes. The power could be out for up to a week, so don't expect Dave to be around much.

Dave, our hearts go out to you in this tragic time.

Gord
P.S. It was meant as a joke...don't get upset :)

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Geez, Gord...I understand this was an attempt at humor, but you might want to consider re-thinking your wording.

Jon

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
I completely agree! When I read the first sentence, my heart sank to my stomach. I immediately thought that a member of his family had died. I highly recommend wording it completely different!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
:) Gord asked me about that wording before using it, and I approved. I guess we both have warped senses of humor!

Hello, I'm back.

After power and phones being knocked out here since Tuesday, when Memphis suffered straight-line winds of 70+ MPH, The Lamberts are finally back on-line and with full juice restored. I've eaten a hot meal, re-stocked the fridge with unspoiled food, gotten into Quicken and paid some bills that were looming, and taken a shower.

Wednesday morning, when I realized it might be a while (the news says some homes will take up to a week to be restored!) I decided to call Gord up in Canada so he didn't think anything bad had happened. I asked him to place a note here so y'all wouldn't worry, and we discussed that exact message. So blame me, not him. :wink:

Still no power at work, so I guess I'm getting caught up on my DVD viewing today. Best Buy never lost power, so I was able on Tuesday to pick up FD2, SuperFriends, JL, and a few other things I wanted. And the mobile DVD player came in handy...right up until it died. Uh-oh...glad I bought the extended warranty! :D

By-the-way, expect to also not hear from me from Aug 6 to Aug 9th...I'll be on vacation out-of-town those days. You might hear from the 5th, but early (I leave town that day). You'll get a Roundup on Sunday the 10th, probably. 11th at the most.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Best Buy never lost power, so I was able on Tuesday to pick up FD2, SuperFriends, JL, and a few other things I wanted.
Oh..I would just love to see this scenario. Memphis power out. Rioting & looting everywhere. Total Armageddon. But here comes Dave Lambert out of Best Buy with an arm full of new releases. :D :D :D

Just goes to show you that there is no stopping us HTF members on new release Tuesday.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
:laugh:

Actually, no rioting or looting that I heard of. Memphians tend to pull together pretty well at times like this. After being born in NY, NY and growing up in Houston, I'm often surprised by this behavior. But it happens. One of the reasons I enjoy this city.

On the other hand, when things are not so much a crisis, we tend to pick each other apart...especially politically. That's one of the not-so-hot things about this city. :frowning:

But yeah, Best Buy had one important thing: AIR CONDITIONING!!! :D :D :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I asked him to place a note here so y'all wouldn't worry, and we discussed that exact message. So blame me, not him.
OK, fair enough...

Geez, Dave ...I understand this was an attempt at humor, but you might want to consider re-thinking your wording.:D

Glad everyone's OK and you are now empowered.

Jon

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
NOPE!

Everyone was there to beat the heat...and to buy batteries, handheld electronics, transformers for car lighter adapters, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks