Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well for Me

TNG Season 2

Ocean's Eleven

Old Yeller

The Vikings (Kirk and Tony Baby in Anamorphic WS Guilty Pleasure)

Every Which Way but Loose (OK another Guilty Pleasure !)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Welcome to the club, Mr. Illingworth! :) The only question now is: what are you going to do with all the money Mr. Lambert's wonderful threads will save you?

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
If anyone cares to try, I got DeepDiscountDVD to price match Outpost.com on Friends Season 1 - $39.96 (34.99 + Shipping). I don't mind waiting for this title to save $10.

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
Jerry Maguire and Ali are $15.49 each if you buy them together at Best Buy (after a $5 combo discount). They ring up at $17.99 each and there's an extra $2.50 off each disc (hence the $15.49 price) when the total is calculated. The register tape shows the $15.49 price and no discount. Odd, huh?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
did blood sim[ple get a reduction/ because that has been out for awhile.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone confirmed that BB's "10% off box sets" applies to the already on-sale Friends Season 1?

If I don't hear from people, I'm on my way to BB around 6:30pm (Pacific time) and will post my findings tonight.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It seems to apply to almost any collector-type edition of 2 discs or more. The weekly ad shows "Friends" and "OZ" sets as $49.99 "before savings." Then it also shows the new "Jerry Maguire" SE as $17.99 "before savings." A bit disappointing that you have to harangue the cashier to get it, however. :frowning:

Costco in CT has "Jerry Maguire SE" for $19.99.

At Circuit City it seems that the in-store price is $24.99.

Costco also has a $2.00 instant rebate on Buena Vista titles

that are normally $12.99, so they ring up at $10.99.

Picked up "The Thirteenth Warrior" and "Jet Li's Enforcer".

Both are Anamorphic Widescreen.

Unfortunately most of all the older Buena Vista titles are

not Anamorphic.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I also had to talk the Best Buy cashier into the 10% discount on top of the sale price. She gave me some lip, but ultimately did it without checking with anyone. Esp. after I pointed out that the flyer didn't mention anywhere that both discounts could not be applied.

Did anyone's BB have Hitchhiker's GT Galaxy? My store did not, nor any on order. Peon offerred me a raincheck, then we realized together noone would honor his raincheck since the ad says "no rainchecks" and he's noone important. So I'll swing by CC to get it later in the week, I guess. Ends up being less anyway; I just hate my local CC! :p)

By the way, there are doubts that Lady in Red is OAR. If anyone finds out different FOR SURE (no guesses), please let me know. There's a thread in the Software section covering this. I found a box shot at DVDEmpire...it doesn't say either way!

Eric Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
I also had to work to get the 10% to go through on the Friends Box set. I even tried to bring you guys up by saying "I know it is 10% off the sale price because people on the internet are getting that price," but he still had to call the manager after staring blankly for a while at the computer screen and the ad. I placed on the counter. Oh well I am just happy it worked at the price was right.

And thanks to you Dave for posting this every week. It sounds sort of sad but I look forward to it greatly and you have saved me money that I would have lost, but than again I think due to this Forum I spend more than I would have without it.

-Eric

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
I had to work for the 10% off the Shackelton Set which the website shows at 10% off. Man did they screw up on this one...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Hey, Eric, it's no problem. I do this for myself anyway, so it's no hardship to share it with you guys. It's a discipline for me to do it, but then I need to save the money so I can afford more DVDs. Seriously! I couldn't have gotten over a thousand discs if I hadn't been frugal about it; I'm not rich or anything.
Save money, get more with it...that's my motto.
And I'm always glad to get converts. To David Illingworth II I will say: "Welcome to the party, pal!" :D

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
It did NOT work for me, as the BB cashier was green and had to ask a manager for it, who said "it's already on sale you don't get another 10% off."

well I bought it anyway, since this BB is literaly across the street from my work. Later this week I'll try again and hopefully get a cashier who will ring it up with the discount, then I'll return this one.

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
I also had to go thru 3 people to get the Freinds discount at BB (didn't even THINK to get it for Jerry McGuire). They gave me tons of greif, but finally did it.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
didn't even THINK to get it for Jerry Maguire
Actually, upon further review of the weekly ad, the "Jerry Maguire" sale is based on combined purchase with "Ali" and/or "Not Another Teen Movie," rather than the 10% off deal.
But the weekly ad clearly shows "Friends" and "OZ" sets for the HOT PRICE of $49.99 "BEFORE SAVINGS", which clearly implies that there is an additional sale on these titles (i.e. the 10% off clearly spelled-out above the photos in the weekly ad).
There should be no arguments from Best Buy. It's clearly what they advertised.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks