What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-20-2007 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

The third was $32.99?!?! :confused: THAT just doesn't make sense.

The one Target I was in tonight had the first three Die Hards on Blu-ray (but only two copies apiece). All three were marked $29.99 (regular price).

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
I went to my local Best Buy last night and for some reason, they were charging $99.99 for CSI The Seventh Season. Whaddup wit dat?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

My guess would be if you took it to the register it would have rung up at the correct price ($62.99). But $99.99 seems high all the way around--higher, in fact, than the MSRP of $89.99. :eek:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Stopped into Target this afternoon (Black Friday) and still no Blu-ray versions of Live Free or Die Hard. :angry: :angry: :angry:

They had rain checks...but it's not like $29.99 is a sale price. :rolleyes

There was still a bunch of Black Friday DVDs on sale...But, for the most part, they were full screen. :thumbsdown:

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Makes me glad I didn't stop in there today for a couple of their cheap DVDs. I figured it wasn't worth it for a couple $4 DVDs (especially if they're mainly FS).

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
By now I suspect anyone who's interested in this disc has already secured a copy, but just in case:

The new Paramount disc is indeed a 16:9-enhanced remaster and a meaningful improvement over the old HBO presentation. The bad news is that it omits the trailer, which had some clever editing and did a good job of showcasing the film without giving away everything. The Paramount reissue is so barebones that it doesn't even have a chapter listing (although it is chaptered).

If nothing else, the film is memorable for being the first major role for Charlize Theron. She's surrounded by familiar faces: Danny Aiello, James Spader, Teri Hatcher, Marsha Mason, Paul Mazursky, Glenn Headley, Jeff Daniels, Eric Stolz, Keith Carradine. But at the end of the movie, I was scouring the credits asking, "Who the hell was that?" A movie star right from the beginning. As much as she's grown in the last dozen years, her performance in this film still packs a wallop (literally; see the film and you'll understand).

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks