What's new

Weekly RoundUp 1/27 (Dave's vacation draws to a close) (1 Viewer)

StevenJ

Stunt Coordinator
I checked up on House of the Dead and it is still $14.99 as is Grind so that's quite interesting

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I preordered the New Godzilla Flicks from DVD Empire for about 17 bucks and change. I figured even if they had them they'd be up there in price.

Matt_H

Stunt Coordinator

where exactly can you purchase it? thewebsite you register at doesn't seem to have it.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
my.sony.com

on the top of the page, in the middle, click on the Rewards Central link

Dilbert is there, but I think Critic may be sold out.

Matt_H

Stunt Coordinator
yeah critic doesn't even seem to be listed anymore. If not's listed by saturday i guess I'm going to circuit city.thanks anyways!

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Well I am not sure if this will hold true or not but last time a Star Trek movie was released (ST V 2 disc set) I found it at Costco for $11.99.

I am hoping it will be the same for this release. If not I will just do STL from Amazon VERY SOON.

So all you Costco shoppers keep a close eye out!!

Greg

Greg S

Supporting Actor
I also forgot to mention that GI Joe Season 1 is available right now at Buy.com for $33.25 with FREE SHIPPING. I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it yet or not. It has been available at this price for over a week but it did not have FREE SHIPPING until recently.

Greg

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
Wow, not sure if it has been posted yet but Costco has Star Trek VI SE for $11.99!!!

That is an amazing price.

ChristopherDM

Stunt Coordinator
Got Star Trek VI at Best Buy for 14 bucks and they did have the two new Godzilla films(woot at 20.99)

Think next week is a wallet free week DVD wise

Chris

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Excellent than I am there. Nice to see they were consistent with the previous release.

Thanks!!

Greg

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Hi, Jeff,

Regarding "Capturing the Friedmans": I am not sure in what medium this film was shot. What I do know about it is that the director started off to make a film about people who hire out as clowns for parties and that this is how he came to know the Friedmans. However, the whole project got sort of hijacked by the fact that two (I think) of this family had been convicted on child molestation charges and sent to prison, where one subsequently committed suicide. The case against these people is apparently not at all clear cut, however, and these are the issues that this documentary explores. I think I have that right.

Is this the same film you are interested in?

I checked out the movies forum a week or so ago and didn't find anything about this movie. Maybe I will start a new thread and see if anyone stops in to say that they have seen the film.

Deborah

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Hi, Jeff,

Regarding [c]Capturing the Friedmans[/c] : I am not sure in what medium this film was shot. What I do know about it is that the director started off to make a film about people who hire out as clowns for parties and that this is how he came to know the Friedmans. However, the whole project got sort of hijacked by the fact that two (I think) of this family had been convicted on child molestation charges and sent to prison, where one subsequently committed suicide. The case against these people is apparently not at all clear cut, however, and these are the issues that this documentary explores. I think I have that right.

Is this the same film you are interested in?

I checked out the movies forum a week or so ago and didn't find anything about this movie. Maybe I will start a new thread and see if anyone stops in to say that they have seen the film.

Deborah

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I love it when I can partially answer my own questions! :D

BJs Wholesale Club, this week, has Alice for $17.49 and Star Trek VI for $12.99.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Damn! I just fixed another mistake in the RoundUp grid. I'm sure all Farscape fans already knew that this week's release is Season 4 , Part 2, not Season 1, Part 2. But, if you didn't, you do now.

I swear, if there's one more mistake in this week's RoundUp, I'm gonna fire myself and hire some guy named Dave to start doing it from now on. :b :D

BTW, three posts in a row! Woo hoo! That's a hat trick!

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Hi, Mike,

Thanks for that link to the Software Forum! Reading the back to the box actually helped quite a bit! It does look intriguing and I do have two Best Buy Reward Zones certs so maybe I will pick this up. It sounds like there is a lot of good ethical stuff here and I may know a few others who would enjoy viewing this as well.

BTW, thanks for doing The Roundup. I am pretty picky about what I buy and I don't buy much, but this thread has helped me a lot and reminded me of a few things I might otherwise have missed.

And my apologies for the double posts by me above. I thought that what I did was edit my original post to fix the formatting problem and instead I got an edited post and an unedited post. Not sure how that happened, but it is not what I meant to do.

Thanks again,

Deborah

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks