What's new

Weekly RoundUp 1/27 (Dave's vacation draws to a close) (1 Viewer)

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
Yes, Costco had Alice. It was at the luke warm price of $17.49 (no buy from me).

They also had Dilbert and The Critic for $32.99.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Deborah, that's it... I forgot about the clown part. The filmography about the clowns that turned into this. (It's coming back). On imdb there's the 8.4 of 10 rating, and a few user comments.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Costco also had Radio for $18.29, and Thirteen for $17.99 (which is $2 cheaper than just about anywhere else).

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Jeff,

I did start a thread in the Movie section and it turns out that there is some archived discussion of this film in a thread on Independent Films. I read a little of this and people were raving about the movie, so I think I am going to pick this one up.
If you want to check out the thread it is http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...9&goto=newpost

(I hope that posted correctly.)

This is a two disk release and looks like a winner.

Deborah

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I picked up Alice tonight at my local Wal-Mart for $17.74.

I also noticed a two-pack of the Anchor Bay releases of Time Bandits and Life of Brian for $16.00-and-change (I don;t remember the exact figure). I don't know if this was put out new today or had been there awhile.

I don't remember for certain but I believe the same Wal-Mart had Star Trek VI for $14.99

Its tough to get old.

And...a title that I've been watching a long time for a friend of mine--Band of Brothers--has finally dropped at this Wal-Mart to $64-and-change. I've been reading about this price at W-Ms across the country. My store had held firm at about $89 until just now.

Bob Pierce

Stunt Coordinator
Picked up Alice today at my trusty Derry, New Hampshire Wal-Mart for $16.84. And no sales tax! (I can't shop outside NH any more; everywhere else just feels like a markup!) :D

Good hunting, everyone!

- Bob P.

Joey^T

Grip
Well, for those of you who are interested in a review of the "Catching the Friedmans" DVD, you can go to dvdtown.com.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I'm going to Wal-Mart today to pick up Alice. I found a $3 off coupon in the ultimatedisney.com forums. As of yesterday, it still printed.

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Joey,

Thanks for the link to the Friedmans review. I have a feeling that some other places will be reviewing this also. My local public radio station has been pushing the set during their station breaks.

Deborah

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
The Alice coupon has its own thread.

Despite the online price of $15.99 shown in the Roundup, The Sailor Who Fell From Grace was $19.99 at the B&M Best Buy I checked last night. No sale!:angry:

Bob Pierce

Stunt Coordinator
Ugh! I'm torn. "Capturing the Friedmans" looks like a packed, interesting DVD, but ~$25 is pushing the high end. Do I wait for a price drop, or pick it up now? Decisions, decisions.... Oh, well, if that's the least of my problems, I should be happy! ;)

- Bob

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Bob: Of course, only you can make the final decision...but I find that I get mad at myself for passing on a desired title the week its released. You usually won't find it cheaper for a long time...especially if its on sale for less than the regularly-marked price.

Then, you want it....decide to buy it...and end up paying more for it...and kicking yourself in the butt. ;)

But only you know how much you want it. And, there's always the chance you'll find it in a "previously viewed" bin somewhere for a lot less. Decisions, decisions! :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If you haven't picked up Alice yet, you may want to do a thorough check of your local Wal-Marts.

First, I picked up Alice at my closest Wal-Mart (East Greenbush, NY) Tuesday night from $17.74--the day before the $3 coupon showed up. A co-worker told me he picked up Alice for $14.86 at the new Wal-Mart in Glenmont, NY for $14.86 (minus the $3 coupon I suppled him, it was $11.86!). Off I went and returned the first one (a $6 savings). Then, tonight, at a third Wal-Mart (Latham, NY), I saw it for $19.74! That's an $8 swing--counting the coupon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks