– The Wrong Man – 1956

– Burnt – 2015

– Downton Abbey – 2010-2016

– Goosebumps – 2015

– Kansas City Confidential – 1952

– The Wannabe – 2015

The Prices

Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs (Date) Amazon BestBuy Target
Assassin, The (Well Go USA)  $14.99
Black Mountain Side (Monarch)  $17.99
Brilliant Young Mind, A (Sony)  $17.99
Brush with Danger (Cinema Libre)  $14.99
Burnt (Anchor Bay)  $19.99 $14.99
Chi-Raq (Lions Gate)  $14.99
Climb an Angry Mountain (Warner Archive)  $21.99
Comin' at Ya! (MVD)  $13.99
DaVinci's Demons: Season 3 $22.99 $22.99
Doctor Who (Series 9 Part 2) (BBC)  $19.99
Downton Abbey (Season 6) (PBS)  $24.99 $19.99 $24.99
Facts Of Life, The (Season 8) (Shout! Factory)  $22.99
Goosebumps (Universal)  $17.99 $17.99 $17.99
Hard Scrambled (Brink)  $10.99
Hostage Heart, The (Warner Archive)  $21.99
In My Father's House (Arc Entertainment)  $20.99
In the Hell of Dixie (Camp Motion Pictures)  $14.95
Jesse Stone: Lost in Paradise (Sony)  $19.99
Mansion Of Blood (Tomcat Releasing)  $14.95
Meet the Patels (Alchemy)  $13.99
Naz & Maalik (Wolfe)  $19.99
New Girlfriend, The (Cohen Media Group)  $14.99
Night Will Fall (Warner Archive) $21.99
Sacrificial Youth (Leomark Studios)  $9.99
Serial Kaller (Wild Eye)  $13.99
Sideshow (Full Moon)  $14.95
Survival Knife (Wild Eye)  $13.99
Thrill Of A Kill, The (Wild Eye)  $9.99
Trancers: City of Lost Angels (Full Moon)  $14.95
UnREAL (Season 1) (Lions Gate)  $19.99
The Wannabe $12.99

Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays (Date) Amazon BestBuy Target
Assassin, The (Blu-ray) (Well Go USA)  $14.99
Burnt (Blu-ray) (Anchor Bay)  $17.99 $19.99
Chi-Raq (Blu-ray) (Lions Gate)  $19.99
Comin' at Ya! (Blu-ray 3-D) (MVD)  $17.99
DaVinci's Demons: Season 3 $49.49 $27.99
Doctor Who (Series 9 Part 2) (Blu-ray) (BBC)  $22.99
Downton Abbey (Season 6) (Blu-ray) (PBS)  $29.99 $24.99 $27.99
Earth's Natural Wonders (Blu-ray) (PBS)  $29.99
Goosebumps (Blu-ray) (Universal) $19.99 $19.99 $22.99
Goosebumps (Blu-ray 3-D) (Universal)  $24.99 $24.99
Jack's Back (Blu-ray) (Shout! Factory)  $21.99
Kansas City Confidential (Blu-ray) (Allied Vaughn) $14.99
New Girlfriend, The (Blu-ray) (Cohen Media Group)  $21.49
Nikkatsu Diamond Guys: Vol. 1 (Blu-ray) (Arrow Films)  $34.99
Sonny Boy (Blu-ray) (Shout! Factory)  $18.99
Theory of Obscurity $46.99
The Wannabe $17.49
Wrong Man, The (Blu-ray) (Warner Archive)  $17.99

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

The Specials

--Not sure what's the story with Davinci's Demons: Season 3 this week.  It was on my release list for this week.  It's in the BB flyer, but not the Target flyer and Amazon has no date for the DVD release and says the Blu release will be available on January 29.

--Best Buy, this week, has an EXCLUSIVE FREE GOOSEBUMPS BOOK with the purchase of the 2-D Blu-ray of the Goosebumps movie.   

--Best Buy also has a Buy One, Get One Free sale on some $9.99 Blu-rays this week.  Up to 40 titles from which to choose.  Titles shown are Ghostbusters 1 & 2, Jumanji and American Hustle.

--The following recent releases are on sale this week at Best Buy (all Blu unless otherwise noted):

$9.99:  Fantastic 4, Maze Runner: Scorch Trials

$14.99:  The Martian, The Intern (DVD)

$19.99:  Straight Outta Compton

$22.99:  The Intern

--Best Buy Odds and Ends:  None to report.

--Target this week has a FREE EXCLUSIVE NOTEPAD with character quotes when you buy Downton Abbey: Season 6.  Free offer quantities limited.  No rain checks.

--Target is also advertising up to $7.50 in FREE MOVIE CASH with the purchase of Goosebumps. 

--And, Target is having a TITLE WAVE sale.  Choose from hundreds of movies, CDs and books for $10 apiece.  A number of  movie covers are shown.  Here's the best I can make out of the titles shown in the ad:

DVD:  Sicario, Hotel Transylvania 2, The War Room, Martian, Max, Spy, The Perfect Guy, Pan (maybe Blu?), The Walk (maybe Blu?), American Horror Story: Freak Show, Hitman: Agent 47, Fear the Walking Dead, Empire: Season 1, Modern Family: Season ?, Homeland: Season 4, True Detective: Season 1, Downton Abbey: Season ? (maybe Blu?)

Blu-ray:  The Longest Ride, Terminator: Genisys, Minions, How to Train Your Dragon 2, Shaun the Sheep Movie, San Andreas, Trainwreck, MI: Rogue Nation, Avatar, Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies, Maze Runner: Scorch Trials, Home, Jurassic World, Furious 7, Vacation, Man From UNCLE, Pitch Perfect 2, Magic Mike XXL, Gotham: Season 1, American Ultra, Fantastic 4.

--Target Odds and Ends:None to report.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks, Mike. Will buy "The Wrong Man" as part of a long overdue catchup of WA BDs.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Here's a pic from the Assassin:

NIEYINNIANG_THE_ASSASSIN_Still.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Cameron Yee said:
Here's a pic from the Assassin:

NIEYINNIANG_THE_ASSASSIN_Still.jpg

Now THAT'S what I'M talking 'bout! That's how ya go about making a contribution to a Weekly RoundUp! Thanks, Cameron! :biggrin:

Thanks, everybody, in advance for the "likes" to the OP this week. :thumbsup:

I have Downton Abbey coming to me from Amazon this week. I got an excellent pre-order price which matches this week's Best Buy price.

And I might go check out those $10 Blus at Target this week. There are some mighty good titles in that ad--most of which I, unfortunately, already have. But maybe there's something I've been on the fence about.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Picking up The Wrong Man.

My understanding is that the quality of the Kansas City Confidential blu-ray is worse than the MGM DVD. That is unfortunate.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
As good as $10 movies sound, being a good man and honoring a promise sounds better. So I'll be skipping Gotham and Fantastic 4 and Minions...

Next week is another story with Batman: Bad Blood, though!

Thanks Mike!

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Another great Doctor Who week!
Season 9 has provided the most consistent run of quality eps since Season 5. (It probably helped that most of the eps were in two parts.)

... And thanks for the tip on the Target "Title Wave". I received a Target gift card for Christmas and this should be the perfect way to burn it off!

sidburyjr

Second Unit
Real Name
Dick Sidbury
Re: Target Tidal Wave

I ordered Blu's of Lucy and Imitation Game (that are not on your list) and MI, Minions and UNCLE that are. Their web site is flaky at the moment and I couldn't get it to acknowledge that I was in SC and not MN so I ordered to be mailed rather than store pickup Shipping is free on $25 or more. If you go to the target web site and choose weekly ad you can look at the details of all the 10 dollar specials plus their current target price.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Trainwreck and Gotham season 1 for $9.50 each (when using my Target Visa) was too good of a deal to pass up.

Thanks Mike!

mayberry66guy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Phil
I was in BJs this morning here in Raleigh, NC, and they have all 9 individual seasons of X-Files on blu-ray for $12.99 each, the lowest I have seen them anywhere.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks for your work, Mike. A small correction - Goosebumps was a Sony production, but is listed in the Roundup as a Universal title. Not that this error makes much difference, since the prices for it are still high.

As a Goosebumps kid growing up in the '90s, I've got to say that I found the film really fun, although not for these prices necessarily. So I will get that at some point after a price drop, which shouldn't be too long from now I think.

Chi-Raq is also of some interest and I wanted to see it in theaters, but the only place playing it near here was sort of far from my house. Given that it is an Amazon Studios production, it should find its way onto Prime Video eventually, and that is when I will see it.

Nothing new for me this week, and most of Target's sale items seem like DVDs, so I doubt I'll get anything there either.

Sigwolf

Agent
Real Name
Dave
Boy, it seems like Amazon isn't even trying any more with the prices. I'm very afraid to see what the prices will be like if Best Buy goes under...

I want to pick up Da Vinci's Demons s3 on Blu, expecting that Amazon will match Best Buy's price as they did with the DVD version. The price has gone down three times this week, to today's low point of $38.04. This is on release day, and they're still over $11 higher than BB. I guess it's a trip to the brick and morter for me!

Thanks for the prices, Mike!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Walmart seems to have a number of recent blu's for $9.96 each, including: Fantastic Four, Maze Runner: Scorch Trials, Transporter Reloaded, Spy, and a few others. They each also include a $5 Vudu credit, if anyone's into that.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sigwolf said:
Boy, it seems like Amazon isn't even trying any more with the prices. I'm very afraid to see what the prices will be like if Best Buy goes under...

I want to pick up Da Vinci's Demons s3 on Blu, expecting that Amazon will match Best Buy's price as they did with the DVD version. The price has gone down three times this week, to today's low point of $38.04. This is on release day, and they're still over $11 higher than BB. I guess it's a trip to the brick and morter for me!

Thanks for the prices, Mike!
Amazon has matched the price of $27.99 for Da Vinci's Demons Season 3.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Looks like an old retail friend might be coming back to the grid.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Zombie retailer comes back to life. Some of their former spaces might still be vacant. I know the former store in Concord, NH, has remained empty since they closed. Though it sounds like the plan is for the new stores to be only a fraction of the size of the former box stores.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
Their former store in my town was just recently turned into a Planet Fitness, before that they moved to the next town over and right across from a BB.

I hit Target's $10 sale and grabbed Jurassic World on Blu, it came with a slip cover and the disc of exclusive bonus content :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks