1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Web sites for succinct reviews of chronologically released DVDs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Drew Bethel, Jun 21, 2002.

1. Drew Bethel

Drew Bethel Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a decent website with a short movie summary and a ranking (3 stars, 4 stars, etc). I'm not really concerned about quality of video/audio...but more about the film/story/plot/acting/etc. Can anyone help?

2. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Well-Known Member

I would think you would best be served with any regular movie review guide (either in print or online). DVD review sites typically focus on the success of the DVD presentation with only a blurb about the movie and plot. Marrying this up to a DVD release schedule will be your toughest job, as well as finding a critic that matches your needs.

3. Drew Bethel

You're so right, Alex. That's why I was shooting in the dark by posting here. Thanks for the response.

4. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Well-Known Member

5. Mark Coleman

Mark Coleman Member

Hi try play247.com which you can view by release date. It has a short synopsis of film and extras etc. I find this the most user friendly. Only fault is tends to hold only most popular titles. Hope this helps.

Mark

6. TheoGB

TheoGB Well-Known Member

Actually, you could maybe search in Rotten Tomatoes. They seem to have reviews for lots of movies linked in. From there you could probably find a review site that you like.

7. Drew Bethel

Some good stuff here...thanks guys!