What's new

Web sites for succinct reviews of chronologically released DVDs (1 Viewer)

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
I'm looking for a decent website with a short movie summary and a ranking (3 stars, 4 stars, etc). I'm not really concerned about quality of video/audio...but more about the film/story/plot/acting/etc. Can anyone help?

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I would think you would best be served with any regular movie review guide (either in print or online). DVD review sites typically focus on the success of the DVD presentation with only a blurb about the movie and plot. Marrying this up to a DVD release schedule will be your toughest job, as well as finding a critic that matches your needs.

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
You're so right, Alex. That's why I was shooting in the dark by posting here. Thanks for the response.

Hi try play247.com which you can view by release date. It has a short synopsis of film and extras etc. I find this the most user friendly. Only fault is tends to hold only most popular titles. Hope this helps.

Mark

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Actually, you could maybe search in Rotten Tomatoes. They seem to have reviews for lots of movies linked in. From there you could probably find a review site that you like.

Users who are viewing this thread