What's new

Was the Groovy Ghoulies Delayed? (1 Viewer)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I remember reading a post in this Forum as well as at TVSHOWSONDVD that the Groovy Ghoulies Complete Series was being released by BCI in October. I cannot find any sites that have it up for order. Was this delayed?

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Ultraman which was due in October by BCI as well hasn't been listed either. I wonder what is up.

Paul

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
It looks like BCI didn't even send in nominations in the year end polls after winning last year with He Man.

Paul

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I'm surprised that there are any extras on this, let alone a 45-minute documentary. Can't wait for this.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Great to hear this back on schedule. I too would like to know how many discs in this release and how many episodes.

David Levine

Supporting Actor

No prob, Randy.

Here is the official list of features for the set:

2 Full episode audio commentary tracks with Lou Scheimer, Jack Mendelsohn, Bob Burns and Darrell McNeil. Hosted by Wally Wingert

Image galleries: Model Sheets, Cels, Goolies PSA Ad

SING-A-LONG - “Goolie-Get-Together”

Candid story from Producer Lou Scheimer about “The Creation of Filmation”

Liner Notes by TV writer/producer Shawn Sheridan

DVD-Rom extras: All 16 scripts and the original Series Bible for "The Kookie Spookies"

A brand-new 45-minute “docu-comedy” created by producer and voice-over artist Wally Wingert (Family Guy, Invader Zim) and Daniel Roebuck (Lost, The Fugitive) featuring interviews with Alice Cooper, Forrest J. Ackerman, Ron Chaney, Lou Scheimer, Oscar® wining Make-Up artist Bill Corso, “Goolie” Head Writer Jack Mendelsohn, and more! Featuring a music video with the Sacramento punk band “The Groovie Ghoulies”

Mark Lx

Second Unit
If this is due out next month, how do I actually find it listed anywhere, like amazon. Maybe they got the name or spelling wrong.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Since I sincerely doubt this will be sold in any B&M store, I wanted to point out that DeepDiscountDVD has an amazing price on this one.

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Got an email earlier this week from Deep Discount DVD that my copy was mailed and is on the way!!!

Dorrie_W

Stunt Coordinator
I received a review copy from Ink & Paint. The show was way before my time but I found it entertaining. If I got a copy I'm sure it's on its way. I found it on Amazon too, where I posted my lil review. Sorry I'm not so technical as some of you guys when it comes to reviews :) But I hadn't even heard of this show before but I'm sure it's well loved by someone.

Someone out there was probably waiting for Groovie Goolies as much as I am waiting for Jem Season 3 Part 2

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I know that this set isn't the complete Groovie Goolies canon (there's a special where they encounter Daffy Duck and Porky Pig for one) but what else is there and will it ever see release?

The jokes may be the corniest ever, but the songs are so catchy. :D

Mark Y

Screenwriter

I was only a small child when all these shows originally aired, but "Sabrina The Teenage Witch" (the original) was a spin-off of "The Archie Comedy Hour," and at some point, Sabrina shared a show with the Groovy Goolies under the title "Sabrina And The Groovy Goolies" (imagine that). Archie Comics is selling four DVDs of Archie cartoons, and among them are a few "Sabrina" half-hours...which feature the Groovy Goolies (and in one case, Sabrina, the Archies and the Groovy Goolies all appear together). I imagine the rest of these shows will be released at some point...in one form or another. As regards the Daffy Duck & Porky Pig crossover (which was an installment of "The ABC Saturday Superstar Movie"), that would certainly require licensing the Warner Bros. cartoon characters, so unless they got a deal when they produced it for perpetual rights to that particular appearance, then that show would otherwise be locked up in limbo. (I can't see it making the "Looney Tunes Golden Collections," even as an "extra.")

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks