What's new

Warner Bros. Slim Sets? (1 Viewer)

getreadytojump

Auditioning
Real Name
Mohammad Mirza
Sorry if this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it if it is.

I was in Walmart last week when I saw that several tv shows by Warner Bros. had been put in new slim sets (Gilmore Girls, Alias, Felicity etc). I was thinking I might sell some of my old sets to replace them with these ones, especially because I could save tons of shelf space, which is becoming a huge problem recently. They weren't very expensive either, the first season of Gilmore Girls was 24.99 and I got it for 40 or 50 bucks a few years ago.

Just wondering if anyone else had seen these? I am actively considering this but i'm also worried that they might not include the episode booklets (and in Gilmore Girls' case the Gilmorisms booklets).

Is this the way WB is planning to go with all their sets? I know the recent sets have been in the same packaging (Gossip Girl, Everwood etc)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
There have been quite a few TV sets repackaged into smaller cases (those you mentioned plus Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, The X-Files, and more). I think it's a mix of trying to entice retailers to carry older catalog titles while maximizing their limited shelf space, as well as reducing manufacturing costs to lower the prices. I've picked up all the new Alias sets for under $20 each (I believe they were about $60-70 originally).

I'm all for the smaller cases since space constraints are becoming a real issue with my collection, as well. But I'm not sure the packaging alone is enough to get me to double-dip on these sets.

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad
I've thought the same thing recently, but unless I can absolutely break even I don't think it's worth it. The chances you would get $25 for a individual season in old packaging are very, pun not intended, slim. If you sold them as a complete set, you might get a little bit more, but like I said, slim.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen these sets but if they are being released then it's time I paid a visit to Walmarts. Gilmore girls is a wonderful series. Matter of fact, it's one of my favourite shows. If they're using slim sets, then I'm replacing my current library with them.

As far as selling your older sets/ I would shoot for $10-20 per set. After all, your sets have been watched and rewatched and at least consider the fact that you want to pay $5 for each new set/thinpack release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks