What's new

Warner Bros. CONFIRMS Cats & Dogs WILL BE PAN & SCAN ONLY!!! (1 Viewer)

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone here seriously think WB cares what you think? They made their decision (based on whatever) and they will do what THEY want. They know how the majority of people feel about snappers and they haven't cared. What makes you think they will now?
Frank
------------------
movie.jpg
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nightdog&acceptadult=true

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Frank,
That's why I'm questioning the thing about the phone calls.
Were being directed to a machine, instead to an actual person(s) that care.
------------------

Greg Stone

Agent
Signed the petition as well. Very disturbing trend here WB
icon13.gif
icon13.gif
icon13.gif
icon13.gif
furious.gif
furious.gif
furious.gif

Widescreen must be an option or you will not see our $$$$.

Carl C

Stunt Coordinator
AMEN!!!!!
Ever since that merger, almost EVERYTHING related to AOL/Time Warner has been F'ed up!! Just look at the chaos at New Line (with DeLuca leaving) and with the Turner companies...
This is a shame. And now WHV isn't getting better, they're getting worse too!!
frown.gif

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
O.k. so maybe I was a little loose with the lip in my above post, for this I apologize. But the sentiment toward Warner still stands.I am so friggen furious right now that I can hardly form comprehensive sentences!
Hope you enjoyed the ride folks, you are bearing witness the beginning of the end of OAR on dvd!
------------------
The Multi Channel Animal's truly, madly, deeply in love with Estella Warren!

In the movie theather the movie was:
CATS & DOGS
In the butchered DVD it'll be:
TS & DO
DAMED BE WARNER AND AOL!
------------------
¡Que vivan las películas en su formato original!

CharlesD

Screenwriter
That's why I'm questioning the thing about the phone calls.
Were being directed to a machine, instead to an actual person(s) that care.
Because, evidently, no-one at Warner cares.
]K YOU WA[
------------------
-- Will Work for Five Million Dollars

Kami

Screenwriter
If anyone from Warner is reading this...you just lost my business. On this title and all future Warner titles until you stop this madness.
furious.gif
furious.gif

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
People, I know you're mad at Warner for this but please keep the profanity to a minimum or leave it out altogether.
Thanks
Rob

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
As my friend put so perfectly:
"i say we need... lots of "best of sets"... plenty of "full frame"... and a good healthy dose of "delays". market research shows these are the things that smart distributors do"
It makes me wonder how some people (WB execs) made it through school.
cheers!
Josh

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
I was planning on getting cats and dogs this Oct, but no more. Are Warner and Universal, the early big DVD people, finally out to screw us out of everything we hold dear about movies, their original artistic integrity. I thank god that Richard Donner had the clout and integrity to tell WB to stick a P&S Goonies up their a--.
I am deathly afraid for the Iron Giant SE now..think I may rush out and get the old dual format version now before it goes OOP and WB releases a P&S SE of it.
Just when I am getting comfortable wiht having everything come in widescreen and educate as many customers at my job about it, WB and Universal have to come and mess my world up.
OOOHHHH the upcoming chat is going to be intense.
Sorry for the harsh language, but I had a god awful week at work and this added to my pain.
Serenity now....
Insanity later!!
Edited to get the profanity out as per admins...sorry, didnt read previous posts before exploding
And the AOL theory makes perfect sense.
------------------
[Edited last by Sean Moon on August 15, 2001 at 11:12 PM]
[Edited last by Robert Crawford on August 16, 2001 at 02:29 AM]

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Oh, man. I didn't care about Wonka or this movie, but I cared more about what Warner is doing to these titles. I will buy Anamorphic 16x9 OAR Warner titles, but not this pan & scan crap.
A quadruple thumbs down to you Warner!
icon13.gif
icon13.gif
icon13.gif
icon13.gif

furious.gif
furious.gif
furious.gif
furious.gif
furious.gif

------------------
- Brian
My DVD Collection

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
I would like for someone to defend Warner now.
I trying very hard to remain civil, but I must admit, it is extremely difficult.
We have signed the petitions.
We have emailed them relentlessly.
We have placed an enormous amount of phone calls that no answering machine could fully accommodate.
In a world where industries are vying for consumers and catering to their every whim, this recent announcement confirms that Warner doesn't have a clue, and quite frankly, doesn't give the smallest of amount of concern to what we want. I admit that we demand alot, but when the one thing that we treasure the most (presentation) is threatened, where are we to go from there? Do we continue to vocalize our discontent? Do we keep signing the petitions, writing the emails, and making the phone calls?
What would be the deciding factor, from us, to have Warner take our concerns seriously?
Money.
This is the only thing that Warner would adhere to. Why not boycott all future releases? This is not simply a matter of choosing which supplements to include. This is about the presentation .
Animated menus, audio commentary, video commentary, storyboards, screenplay, cast and crew bios, storyboard to screen analysis, deleted scenes, DVD-ROM content, trivia games, video games, angle selection, inserts, electronic press kits, cast and crew interviews, production videos, sfx test footage, screen tests, DVD art, isolated scores, documentaries, Charlie Rose interviews, and the case it comes packaged in means absolutely nothing if the presentation is in any way compromised. ***
Here is a technology that will allow you to include both formats and you continue to deny us the choice to view your releases in their OAR.
And you know what else hurts. The fact that you were a big influence to the format in it's infancy. To see you destroy the excellent reputation that you have built is astonishing to say the least. You were the leader at one time and envied by the others. The respect that everyone in this forum had for you is all but diminished, save for maybe one.
As you continue down this rather unfortunate path, please remember one thing, although you may have helped usher in the format, it was us who bought those discs.
I am boycotting all future Warner releases, regardless of format, until I am convinced that Warner takes my concerns seriously.
-Dwayne
"And vidi films I would...so long as their presentation was not compromised."
*** One of your competitors, Fox Home Video, seems to have no trouble when it comes not only giving excellent presentations of their recent and catalog releases, but including all the goodies as well. Try sampling some of their product to see how its done. Vidi well, my brothers. Vidi well.

SteveMc

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't seen this movie yet, I haven't seen the trailer. i have only seen a poster for it at my local movie theater. After my friend told the basic premise of it, I knew I'd be buying it when it came to DVD. Not anymore. Warner..WAKE UP!!!! To be hit by three blows in less than two weeks is starting to make me ill. First Wonka, then South Park and Friends (which is my most aniticpated buy ever if they did it right), now this. I can't think of a single WB title that is on my want list anymore. But I have 4 titles that I definately will be boycotting. Unreal...
------------------
Crash
"I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack."
Help us get the Friday the 13th films-UNCUT. Click Here or here

Agee Bassett

Supporting Actor
"Thank you for subscribing to Warner Digital Pay-Per-View! Here you can view all your favorite films--only available in pan&scan or full-frame formats on DVD--in their original widescreen glory, for only $19.95 per viewing!"
How close are we to hearing this hypothetical pitch become reality? *shudder*
------------------
The Devil & Daniel Webster (1941)
webster.gif
"Cinema is simply letting the audience fill in the blanks." - David Lean.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katarianig
Recent bookmarks