What's new

Walt Disney Treasures Wave 5: Problems with Poor Mastering (1 Viewer)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
No, it's not so difficult to type out Walt Disney Treasures.

Walt Disney Treasures
Walt Disney Treasures
Walt Disney Treasures
Walt Disney Treasures
Walt Disney Treasures
Walt Disney Treasures
Walt Disney Treasures
Walt Disney Treasures
Walt Disney Treasures
Walt Disney Treasures
Walt Disney Treasures
Walt Disney Treasures
Walt Disney Treasures
Walt Disney Treasures
Walt Disney Treasures
Walt Disney Treasures
Walt Disney Treasures
Walt Disney Treasures
Walt Disney Treasures

Good grief, I made a simple snap judgment about the thread title with a slight assumption that most people knew what WDT referred to; my first priority was regathering the thread information and this very small element of thread topic titling went unnoticed by me when I typed it out. The search aspect of it simply slipped my mind.

There's nothing I can do about it; it's out of my hands because I can't edit the title. There's no reason to continue to wag the finger in my direction.

So, again: if an Administrator would like to edit the title to make searching easier, they can do so. I'm in favor of it. I was in favor of it the first time someone brought it up on page 1. Never at any time was I not in favor of this change. Now I'm in favor of it not only because of it being the logical thing to do, but because it'll get people off my back.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Honestly, I think it would be the right thing-to-do for Brandon to try to talk-up his friends over at Disney to get them to do something for those of us who are getting stung by this set. I mean...why shouldn't he...if he really cares about the product.

:D

Nathan Phillips

Stunt Coordinator
I have to admit, I was perfectly happy with the set until I read this thread, and I still am happy with it actually, but I agree that we deserve a higher level of quality. These things certainly give the illusion of high prestige. I really love the WDT series, I spent this year collecting all of the animation-related ones, sometimes spending up to $50 on a given set, and it was always worth it. I wouldn't like to see that level of quality deteriorate.

By the way, I wonder how many more years the series will run...

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Good Job Al!

Can I link to some of your images in the review thread of Rarities? That dot crawl on the Noah's ark is exactly what I wanted people to see (I'll also link to your webpage there...and you can do the same if you like)...

dave :)

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Al: You said it, man :emoji_thumbsup:
This is exactly how I feel about all this after Maltin's recent remarks and his editorial.

AndrewR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Rubio
I just called the Disney consumer line and (politely) told them about my disappointment with this batch of titles. The woman was very nice and said she would pass my name/number (which they already had) and comments to the Marketing Department.

It probably won't add to much in the end but, I'm hopeful that things will be better next year. I'm gonna wait for the reviews next time around tho.

Everyone - if you haven't called yet.....please do.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Did they drop the list price for these new sets? I saw them in Best Buy yesterday for only $24.99 each. The WDT sets in the past were always $29.99 - $32.99.

Perhaps they cut corners to drop the list price?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Excellent!

I knew these were being touted and marketed as having been 'fully restored'... that is certainly grounds for a recall / replacement!

It's one thing when the generic studio catalogue title is subjected to this disrespectful treatment, but when this falls upon a series aimed specifically at a collector's market than it is certainly a significant problem!

I personally won't be happy until replacement discs are offered.

Perhaps it's not likely, but with the falsely advertised scope shorts in the press release and the marketing blurb that accompanies it citing the shorts as being "fully restored", this is just not acceptable!

Maybe if Disney won't recognize this from a consumer level, they will from a legal one, since finances over everything else seem to be the sole motivating factor in their direction and decisions these days.

This IS a blatant case of false advertising.

The reprehensible quality of cartoons we dishonorably receieved was NOT what was promised nor advertised through BVHE's promotion and press release.

I'm going to call Disney again tomorrow and mention this and make sure that this gets passed along to whoever it needs to.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Whoa! The thread not only got the new title everyone wanted it to have...but has been made a sticky to boot! :emoji_thumbsup:

Gee, Brandon...guess the monkey's off your back--finally!!! :D

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
I know the primary focus of this thread has been on the mastering of the animated Treasures released in Wave 5 (Rarities & Donald 2), but has anyone seen any irregularities in the live action sets (Spin & Marty or Legendary Heroes)?

I started a thread over in the TV forum about some odd coloring I saw in some B/W footage on one set. Early speculation is that it was simply an authoring error. If that's the case, while not earth shattering, I would argue that it's another area of lax quality control.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks