What's new

Walt Disney Treasures Wave 5: Problems with Poor Mastering (1 Viewer)

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
Robert, his name is emblazoned all over these releases. He even posted an editorial on his own site imploring consumers to speak up about the subject of quality DVD releases. A request to home video head Dick Cook can and should be made on our behalf. If Cook says no, then Maltin can honestly relay back to us he cannot do anything about it.

For any more purchases in this series it comes down to trust. According to Maltin himself we simply can not trust that Disney will do the right thing now or with future titles. Nor can we even trust that he will stand up for us, as he apparently will not even try. He may be a nice person, but I hope you can understand how this does not sit well with anyone who feels misled about this series.

Now hopefully the major events of the past few days will change a few things at Disney Home Video. I know a lot of Pixar folks were just as upset as us consumers were with this mess of a release. Let's see what the next few weeks will bring.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
All's I can say is that I agree with RAH. And not because he's RAH but because he's right.

Pixar being bought will Disney will have no effect on the situation either. It's not like Disney didn't notice that there were problems when they made the discs. They ignored it then and they will ignore it no matter who wastes their time asking them to correct it. All that you can hope for is that Disney heard the complaints about this wave and the next one will not have these problems.

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
Travis, if you order a steak and are served hamburger instead, do you just hope the diner's owner hears your complaint and then go ahead and eat it anyway? And even pay the higher steak price for ground beef too?

My guess is that you would send the hamburger right back, even if the waiter told you the chef isn't responsible because the owner never had the steaks in stock.

Disney made a lot of promises for this series they did not keep for this release - so why give them a free pass? The customer can be right you know.

The chef here (Maltin) needs to see what he can do for us, and the owner (Disney) needs to make good on our order.

Reagan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reagan
One thing to consider about poor Leonard: He may be contractually prohibited from making negative remarks about the series.

Just a hunch. I could be way off.

-Reagan

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
If Maltin is indeed the "waiter", he may not be responsible for the quality of the product, but he would be expected to take messages and make sure the chef gets them.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I said it before but Disney knew that there was a problem when they made the discs. They chose to ignore the problem. What is Leonard Maltin complaining going to do about it? The people paying are far more important to Disney than Maltin. They didn't care that people were going to buy it so why would they care that Maltin had a problem with it?

And in all fairness, how does anyone know that Maltin didn't talk to Disney about it? Maybe he did and is keeping it to himself. I don't think he has an duty to report on his conversations between himself and Disney.

I completely understand why everyone is upset but it ain't changing and only Disney is to blame.

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
I totally agree, Disney is to blame if any blaming should be done.

The problem now is one of communication, unfortunately. A lot of fans apparently have a strong message to send. However, as long as the intended recipient won't bother to say "yes, we heard your message", there is a serious communication problem.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
I wonder, i have yet to look at my set,and wonder if this problem could be resolved now, reason, Steve JOBS, that says a lot, he could possibly return it back to the quality that the company once had, hopefully this will be resolved.

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul

In Maltin's very first comment about the controversy he said that Disney was getting the message about the quality complaints.

Really, now. We've all heard by now from authoritative sources, people who know how the real world works, what Maltin's relationship with the project and with Disney is, what he can and what he can't do in that relationship. We also know that without Maltin there would be no project at all. In the harsh light of reality, this endless wrangling over idealized concepts of responsibilities and obligations has about as much significance as midieval arguments over angels dancing on pinheads.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Have you guys called that 1-800 number on the back of your DVDs? Have you encouraged your friends and family who also bought (or wanted to buy) these sets to do the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks