What's new

VSX -92TXH Pioneer Elite sub with stereo mode (2 Viewers)

ltworf

Auditioning
Real Name
robert
Does anyone know how to get my reciever when in Stero mode to enable the sub. It only seems to kick in on surround mode

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You probably have the speakers set to "Large". They should be set to "Small" in the configuration. They should be on this setting anyway. If you let us know which speakers you have someone can give a suggestion on what to set the sub crossover (on the receiver) to, but 100 Hz is a decent starting point. The sub should also be set to "On", not the "Plus" setting Pioneer usually has.

ltworf

Auditioning
Real Name
robert
I Have:
Athena Towers
Athena 10" Subwoofer (AS-P4000)
Athena Centre Channel (AS-C1.2)
Athena 2 Bookshelf (AS-B1)

Any help would be great
thx
Robert

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I listen to 2-channel music all the time and my sub works nicely. The only thing I can think of is that you haven't changed it from LARGE to SMALL, which it defaults to after using the microphone.

Scott Kriefall

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
Like the other posters have stated, if your speakers are set to LARGE then the receiver considers them to be full-range. This implies that they can handle all content, including low bass. Because they are believed to handle low bass there is therefore no need to route anything to the subwoofer.

Set the speakers to SMALL and set the crossover appropriately.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks