What's new

Updated HT room pictures-added projector!! (1 Viewer)

Chet Wilson

Stunt Coordinator
I updated our site with new pictures from the HT room. We moved the RPTV out and replaced it with a 100" screen and Panasonic L300. I also rebuilt the audio system. I replaced the maggies (height conflicted with new screen) with home built center, front L/R, side L/R surrounds and back L/R surrounds. Also added a 15" sub. Currently I am running S-Video till I build and pull the component cables. I can then run progressive mode on my DVD player.

Link Removed

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Chet! Man, I'm so happy you finally got a FP. I thought you had the nicest room, but I hated your 4x3 television. The room looks the way it should now, I know you are happy :emoji_thumbsup:.

Now some questions that I am dieing to ask you, for this is something that I am wondering and worried about.

How is the picture quality of your fp vs. your rptv?
How do the black levels look to you?
How much of an impact does this new screen size make?

Chet you are perfect to answer these questions for me, mostly because you did exactly what I plan to do soon as I have time. And you are using the exact same projector I plan to get, with same screen size! So you can really answer a lot of the questions I have running through my head. Please spare no detail or emotion on how you feel about your current display.:D

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I agree with LaMarcus that the room is dope. Welcome and congratulations on the FPTV.

Chet Wilson

Stunt Coordinator
La Marcus,

Thanks. I haven't had the opportunity to review multiple projectors so keep that in mind here. Also lighting in our room is controlled- usually dark. I am completely satisfied with the projector though. The picture quality is great. There are some screenshots on my site which show the clearness of the picture. I took the pictures from the side so they look a little skewed.

I just don't see a difference between the picture quality before and after RPTV. If there is then it is completely offset by the movie experience which has been expanded to new heights. Lets face it, part of the idea behind a custom HT is the experience, ie moving the commercial cinema to your house. Right now all I am missing is the lobby and counter.

Just amazing!

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
I can't take it anymore, I gotta get one. I need to stop bull$#iTTing and make this happen. I'm tired of hearing you guys talking about how great it is. I feel like I'm left on the sidelines.:frowning: ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks