What's new

Unable to add Premium Membership at the "Support HTF" section (1 Viewer)

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I have all-but-ceased buying items from Amazon, as I do not like how they are treating their employees, book authors, and (now) studios.

Because the HTF is not going to be getting any credit for my purchases when I click through to purchase films, I wanted to give $20, but even though I get a pop up that a premium membership has been added to my cart, my cart shows it is still empty.

I tried several times and a few times trying to add "Black Book."

I am using Chrome on my home PC, which keeps me logged in automatically.

Let me know what I need to do.

Thanks!

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Thanks for your attempt to support, and sorry for the trouble. We have a ticket in to see if we can get this fixed - it's a forum software bug.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
But in fixing the above post, did this change somehow cause me to lose the 24-hour editing window?

I'll try it again on this one...

Edited.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Yes, I've lost the "privilege" of editing without the edit notice going up there unless chosen by me. Can this be fixed?

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
No, it's the same.

Specifically, what's disappeared for me is the checkbox at the bottom of the reply box when editing a post, that said something like "show that this post has been edited by me". If I left that unchecked I could correct my spelling or quickly add something or whatever, and the post would look normal. Now it simply defaults to showing "edited by...".

It's like something changed in my account when the Supporter tag got added.

(Thanks, Dave!!)

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I've tried using the full editor, and I've tried this on two browsers, Chrome and Firefox, on Win7.

Also tried it on the iPad using Tapatalk. I don't believe that checkbox even existed there, but it defaulted to making the edit without the notice.

Hope this helps a little.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Dave,

Is there some hope of getting this fixed? Did that option (checkbox) disappear for anyone else on the board? I rather think not, as I haven't seen any great influx of "Edited by" notices coming down the pike.

Is there anything I can do on my end to help trouble-shoot it? I doubt that, but I'm here to do my part in helping if I can.

Here's an idea: Temporarily remove my "Supporter" status and let's see if this corrects itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks