What's new

UltimateAV Measures Rocket Speakers (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My goodness, Nigel. What exactly is he wrong about? I'm in the market for some speakers right now, and so I've been following the Rocket "controversy" closely. Unfortunately, it seems the only people who believe it IS a controversy are your many identities. You suggest we check IPs -- but why do we need to? You deny being 6FU and Toronto in the first half of the post, then say "I also didn't start the negative measurement thread at AV123 rather I commented on it."

What you neglect to mention was that it ISN'T a negative measurement thread at AV123. It's a 'Congratulations on the good review' thread. There was one person who mentioned the measurements, he got a response, and the forum moved on. Then you came in to troll it, all the while posting what more or less amounts to troll threads about the measurements on the other major AV forums on the internet.

In the meantime, you've insulted a variety of people who appear to my newbie eyes to be intelligent and respectable -- two things you're not coming off as very well. Perhaps you should step back and reconsider how worthwhile your current actions are to you, while you still have some shreds of credibility left.

Jeff-0

Stunt Coordinator
Posted: Today
03:47 AM
Post (#16 of 21 posts)

EdwinK

"Jeff-0, what are you refering to?"

-----------------------------------------------------------

The 550's share the same 6.5" driver as their 200 center, the 750/850's do not share common drivers, the centers driver is 6.5" and the 750/850 is a 5.25. I have always read this will lead to a less than ideal timbre match.

I may be wrong on this issue but this is what I have always understood (matching drivers) will provide a good timbre match.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Nigel/6FU/Toronto/Swordfish, I don't own Rocket speakers but your act is getting old. I love how you reply to your own posts under different names at AVS to make it look like there is more than 1 doubter. :rolleyes:

Do you sell Veritas or Mirage? Judging by the threads you start here it would suggest you do.

EdwinK

Agent
@Jeff-0: Thanx for the explanation, and you're right that it is best to use the same parts, but without listening to them ourselves and comparing to other solutions it will be hard to form a definite opinion. ;)

And can this ZERO-KNOWLEDGE inflation, trolling and people bashing stop? Repeat, repeat... Thank you!

Nigel Hooper

Stunt Coordinator
Jed and Keith, sounds like a couple of hillbillies. You both couldn't be further off the mark. I'll put it down to low intelligence rather than paranoia.
Until or if it's remeasured the performance plain stinks. Deal with it.

ScottCarr

Second Unit
If he is a salesman he must be great. He can talk about products that he has never heard as if he was the designer or engineer.

Nigel Hooper

Stunt Coordinator
As I have said I simply posted a link. I have not heard Rockets of any shape or form but they were on my shortlist. I go through MANY speaker systems a year. It appears to me that the crossover in the 750s is trying to compensate for the break up point of the metal mid/bass drivers rather than the proper method of doing it like MA and Energy do of using a lower crossover point. 3.8K is far too high for these to be crossing over given the drivers they use.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I personally don't understand why they would send malfunctioning speakers for a photo shoot. Couldn't they anticipate ahead of time that someone would listen to them or measure them? Seems like poor decision making on Mark's part. I know that I personally purchase products based on listening tests *and* measurements, and I would stay away from these until the situation is clarified. I have no idea why y'all are getting on Nigel's case so much. It is *awful* measured performance, that is a fact, no matter what the situation is behind it. Those speakers should have been fixed or destroyed and not sent to anyone.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
There may be relevant issues to discuss, but they've been so mixed up with extraneous debate that I suggest we start over. Mr. Hooper will not be joining us.

M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks