1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Two recievers bi amping?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by warren whit, Jan 22, 2008.

1. warren whit

warren whit Agent

i just recently upgraded to a denon 3808ci and have my old onkyo tx-nr801 sitting here collecting dust. I'm wondering if there is a way to use both amps to power my polk audio lsi front speakers? Not sure how all the processing would be affected? Any help is appreciated! Thnx.

2. Mike_J_D

Mike_J_D Stunt Coordinator

Warren, good morning; on the back of the 3808ci there is a speaker out section called Surr back/Amp assign - it comes after Surround B. This section can be assigned in the menu of the 3808 and used to bi-amp your front speakers. So all you would need is the speaker cable necessary to bi-amp them - which you would have needed anyway.

I would say that you could run the pre-outs - if your Onkyo has them - into the ext in inputs on the back of the Denon; however, I don't know if this would disable the Denons amps and use it only as a pre/pro. Maybe someone with a better understanding of the internal workings of the Denon can chime in; personally I would use the SURR BACK/AMP ASSIGN to bi-amp my front two speakers. Which is what I will be doing in the near future.

Mike

3. warren whit

warren whit Agent

Thanks for the info, i wasn't aware of that option on the denon!
    I will use that option until i am running all 7 speakers (not a big enough room at moment). Thanks for your help.

4. Mike_J_D

Mike_J_D Stunt Coordinator

You are very welcome.

5. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    Are those Polks bi-ampable? You can't do that with just any speaker?

6. warren whit

warren whit Agent

Yep, they are there top of the line set.