What's new

True Blood season 1 (HBO) (1 Viewer)

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

That's the impression I've been under ever since Bill explained "how it works" to Sookie earlier in the season (episode 2, I believe).

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Whatever you guys conclude, just for the knowledge base, if the invitation is ever revoked, he has to leave. At least that's what he said. If I had to guess, I'd say I remember Sookie asking him to leave when she was upset with him. Don't quote me on that, though.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

She did, but maybe their "connection" has something to do with how he is able to bend the rules a bit?

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

Too late, I'm quoting you.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Won't be able to check this until I buy the "Complete True Blood" but, were they outside when Sookie asked Bill to leave?

You see what I mean.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
You might be onto something. I vaguely remember that they were outside, in front of the house (not on the porch, either) when Sookie asked Bill to leave a few weeks ago.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor

I really don't know how to comment on it since I can't figure out how someone gets turned into a Vampire in this show. Does this mean she will now have the fang marks or will she be turned in one of the living dead. Can someone explain?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I think this show follows the normally accepted mythos of how you become a vampire. In fact, they show how Bill was converted.

First, you have to be drained near death by a vampire. You must then drink the blood of the vampire yourself to sustain yourself and preserve your "life post life".

Since he didn't drain (kill) her with his bite, and there is no sign that he required her to drink his blood after this, she would not become a vampire.

Since they've shown this is how it worked with Bill, I think it's pretty well accepted that's the method. But this isn't the only show or vampire universe to use that method. Not even close.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i believe the blood sucking is more sexual. the transmission of fluids between 2 being.

i like the pecan pie scene, but surprised they didn't do a close up for anna p crying with real tears. was she not able to produce them? didn't see it in HD, so may have missed them.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I definitely see Sookie having fang marks after this event. As for the episode as a whole, I was fairly bored. It's the first episode I can say that about.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

I could not help but think of this 1971 LP, few remember the music, all vinyl junkies remember the cover.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Already 7 eps into it.

"hmm, no mention of the scene at the end of the episode. "

I wasnt sure if Rich was talking about the bite or Annas first scene of nudity.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
it's really her first? u being the fan u should know :laugh:

i dont think bill's dead. the dead vamps are probably a group of 'innocent' vamps and the not the group that went into the tavern.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
As mentioned earlier, this series has something of a train wreck quality to it, and I can't stop watching it. There have been changes from the books that don't appeal to me.

Sookie's brother was someone who was influenced to a great deal by the head down between his legs, but he was not the total jerk he is in the series. He was not addicted to "V".

There was no Tara and I find her character extremely irritating and I'm wondering why she was invented. I guess to give Sam someone to bang since Sookie is not available. No Tara and no Tara's mother to get exorcised.

The series seems much seamier than the books. Perhaps this is because a reader can, even unintentionally, tone down depicted events. The books were quite sexual, so the series is consistent with that.

Since I liked her, one change I hoped would be made would be for Sookie's grandmother to survive. That was a huge shock in the first book.

Lafayette was not such an important character in the books.

The gay thing was not so front and center in the books, even though I thought Vampires were a stand-in for them.

The best bit of casting in the series is Bill, he's right on. Sookie is pretty good too. Sookie's grandmother is also excellent. The rest of the actors don't really impress me.

BTW, the killers name is ...[BANG...BANG]Oh...they got me before I could spill the beans.[/BANG...BANG]

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for that Johnny. I've never read the books and I'm always at least a bit curious about the changes they make, and how fans of the books react to seeing it on the screen.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

I think JediFonger was referring to the fire at the end of the episode not whether or not Bill is, the "living dead".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks