What's new

True Blood season 1 (HBO) (1 Viewer)

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I've never read the books so I may be way off. I think Lafayette was too cool a character to kill off. I could see him being turned rather than killed...if it was in fact a Vampire that got him.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i just found out that this episode was s1 finale? oh man, =P. does this mean the next s2 will be pickup where this story left off?

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I ended up DVR'ing this show and just watched all the episodes over a span of a few weeks. Another winner for HBO (enough with the "HBO isn't what it used to be" nonsense).

First off, this is one of the few shows where I actually watched/listened to the opening theme song all the way through every episode, even though I had the option to fast forward. I wanna do bad things with you. ;)

I'm not into the whole vampire thing at all, but it didn't matter. 'Six Feet Under' was one of my all time favorite shows, and the Alan Ball influence is very apparent here.

If I had one complaint, it would probably be the whole Tara/Tara's mom story line. When they were on, that was the only time my interest waned. I did like how the exorcism deal turned out to be hoax. With everything else that goes on in the show, it wouldn't have been out of the realm of possibility that that was real.

PLEASE PLEASE don't let Lafayette be dead. He was probably my favorite character. I agree with whoever said he may have been turned. One thing that I didn't see mentioned was that it appeared Lafayette knew whoever (or whatever) was attacking him, that's why I don't think it was the new vamp. Is it possible the body in the car was Tara's mom?

I liked Sookie's observation that Rene's thoughts didn't have an accent. ;)

Glad to see we only have to wait until Summer '09 for the new season.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Yea, I didnt think that was true, because it seemed like such a short amount of time.

But I guess its been confimred, Season2 this summer.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Just watched the first season on DVD and don't have access to HBO to view the new episodes, so forgive me if some of these issues have already been addressed in the first eps of S2.

Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

It seems like whoiever it is, they have a serious bent on framing Jason for each women he does the bumping uglies 2-step. Jason must have done their sister wrong or something in the past.
I was also waiting for the reveal of how Jason was connected to all this, as the killer seemed to be targeting just the women in his life. It was pretty disappointing that the killer was just some generic vampire-phobe and that, apparently, the connection to Jason was just coincidental as he sleeps with every woman in town.

I also didn't buy Jason's immediate conversion to the anti-vamp church, especially after making his connection with Eddie. Though Jason is dumber than dirt, so he may have already forgotten that he actually met at least one vamp that was a decent guy.

Originally Posted by ScottH

PLEASE PLEASE don't let Lafayette be dead. He was probably my favorite character. I agree with whoever said he may have been turned. One thing that I didn't see mentioned was that it appeared Lafayette knew whoever (or whatever) was attacking him, that's why I don't think it was the new vamp. Is it possible the body in the car was Tara's mom?
I didn't get the impression that Lafayette recognized who (what?) attacked him. He seemed to recoil in true fright/surprise. Seems like he would not have reacted that way if he recognized his attacker.

It sounds like we're going to have a variety of "supernatural" creatures revealed in upcoming seasons, so it could have been almost anything that attacked him. Not sure if there's any connection to the Senator, though. Is the Senator really going to risk searching out another boy toy and V supplier?

I was also disappointed that we wouldn't see Lois Smith (Adele Stackhouse) in future eps. She was a great character. I don't quite understand why Rene felt he had to kill her? He kept screaming, "You weren't supposed to be here," but couldn't he just have invented some other cover story instead of killing Adele ("Hi Ms. Stackhouse. Sorry to barge in like this, but I really need to find Jason. Is he here?").

LynxFX

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ole Oleson
Just watched through the entire first season over the weekend. I was immediately hooked. Fun and creative show with plenty of odd ball characters to keep you entertained. I could see how all of those cliffhanger ends would get annoying during the initial run, but watching them back to back, I liked it. Made me want to just continue watching the next episode, which I kept doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks