What's new

TiVo - Home Media Option (HMO) now available for purchase from TiVo!!! (1 Viewer)

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
TiVo - Home Media Option

Just thought some of you would like to know that it's now available....

It was released today - along with the new 4.0 Software. Though it may take some time before 4.0 is loaded on your TiVo (YMMV)

Note: The HMO is only for Series 2 Standalone (SA) boxes...DirectTiVo's are not supported with HMO (Unfortuantely, and thanks to DIRECTV).

HMO is :

Digital Pictures, Digital Music, Remote Scheduling, and most importantly, Multi-room bviewing.

I plan on checking it out and see how it works. there is a 30 day refund if you don't like it...so i think it's worth the try...

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Have you gotten it yet? I'm still waiting for the 4.0 upgrade (I'm really hoping that'll give me a working serial-connection to the digital cablebox).

The new menu system seems like an improvement, even if I don't get HMO, which (apart from being an acronym with bad associations :)) is a bit over priced, IMO.

/Mike

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
MickeS

Yes - I have the HMO :) and also 4.0

I have been told that 4.0 did indeed enable Serial Control for cable boxes. I have yet to try it out - but will do so this weekend at the latest (if not tonight) and let you know how it goes.

I agree that the HMO is a tad bit overpriced...but be sure to keep in mind that the HMO is now always "on" or "tied" to that particular machine.

Meaning, should you ever decide to sell your Series 2 TiVo(s)down the road (I'm always selling stuff) you should be able to get $99 more out of the main HMO'd TiVo and $49 out of each subsequent TiVo you sell (if those had the HMO option as well).

That's how I'm looking at it anyway...may not totally make since...but I figured what the heck...

So far, I'm very impressed with how well this all works. I have 1 TiVo in my Home Theater room and 1 in our bedroom. It is great to be able to grab shows from whichever one I'm not using/watching at that particular moment and transfer it to the one I am watching at the present time.

I also have a HTPC - so the music and photos are somewhat not that important to me really - as I already have this function on the HTPC covered. But I will admit - The TiVo Photo's and Music "dealie" is pretty slick and very easy to use.

I highly reccommend the HMO option if you have a Series 2 TiVo. At least give it a try - 30 days money back guarantee.

Good luck getting 4.0 !

Chuck West

Stunt Coordinator
Does the HMO allow you to download your daily updates using broadband (instead of using your phone line)? If not, will this be a possibility soon?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Does the HMO allow you to download your daily updates using broadband (instead of using your phone line)?
You do not need to purchase HMO for this. It's included in the version 4.0 software, which is just now being rolled out.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks