What's new

Three Stooges Collection Vol. 8, June 1 (?) (1 Viewer)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
it could be done in two slim cases, so the set would be basically the same size as the rest, well it been a while since i got to do this with the rest of the knuckleheads on here, so here we go, nuk,nuk,nuk

color for the last set..... Yellow??

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Artwork------

threestoogesvol8crop.jpg

There is still some discusion if it is going to be a two DVD release or 3 DVD relase,

ORIGINAL ANNOUNCEMENT

WHAT:
WHEN:
STUDIO:
PRICE:
The Three Stooges Collection, Vol. 8 (1955 - 1959)
June 1st
Sony
Retail: $24.96

Brent S

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Seguine
Originally Posted by ahollis

There is still some discusion if it is going to be a two DVD release or 3 DVD relase,

- 3 discs

- That artwork will change, somewhat. The main image will probably stay the same; the montage pics on the right will be replaced to reflect the set's 1955 - 1959 films.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Brent S

- 3 discs

- That artwork will change, somewhat. The main image will probably stay the same; the montage pics on the right will be replaced to reflect the set's 1955 - 1959 films.

The change in the montage pics is great and I was worried about it. I am glad the Joe and Shemp get recognized.

WadeM

Supporting Actor
Has there been any word on whether or not the De Rita films will be re-released?
How are the existing DVDs of the Stooges' movies?

ColbyCo82

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
When I began collecting Three Stooges shorts in the 1980s, it was nearly impossible to find them all, especially the Joe Bessers. Now we have a complete! chronological! dvd collection of the shorts with Joe Besser on a cover! I never thought I would see this day. Thank you Sony/Columbia!

MilesH

Stunt Coordinator
I guess we can now safely assume we are never going to ever see those interviews with the surviving cast that they filmed and the solo shorts. 'Tis a shame.....

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Hopefully theyll use those for a dvd release of, have rocket will travel . Whats the point of those interviews , if youre not going to use them????

WadeM

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by WadeM /forum/thread/298826/three-stooges-collection-vol-8-june-1#post_3675185

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
I never thought I'd see this day, either ... and I'd like to think we here at the Home Theater Forum had something to do with it, because as they'd release those awful Stooges sets, we'd say here, "What they SHOULD do is release them all, in chronological order, two to three years' worth at a time ...."

Within a couple years of us harping on that, they actually started doing it! Is that just a coincidence?

However it came about, I also would like to thank Sony for doing such a great job with this series.

rdf8585

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
rdf8585
DVD Empire has updated front cover art (the side pics now reflect the 55-59 period) as well as rear cover art.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.