1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Things HDMI

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by FL-GATOR, Feb 2, 2011.

1. FL-GATOR

FL-GATOR Member

I'm building a house/theater from the ground up. I want to connect various video displays to my A/V receiver, a LCD screen in my office, a LCD in the livingroom and an LCD projector, also in the living room.

What are the pro/cons of spillters and switches. Picture quality is, of course, critical. Is there a brand you would recommend.

For HDMI cable, I need 30' to the projector and 10' to the LCD screens. I see a million different brands out there, and I don't want to buy a cheap one that would harm the image quality, but I'm not real big on dropping $350 for a cable unless I have to.

Is there a brand that is high quality, yet reasonably priced?

Thanks for any input,

GATOR

2. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Well-Known Member

go to places like Bluejeans Cables or Monoprice.

The concerns I have about splitters would be making sure that a given device doesn't get confused, causing HDCP protection errors or something. I'm sure it's a situation that's been "dealt with;" I just haven't paid that much attention to it.

Leo

3. isai124

isai124 New Member

Well here are some HDMI cables if you are still interested http://www.emtcompany.com/cables/hdmi-cables-page-2.html I heard from my friends that the Rocketfish HDMI cables are great. This site also have ipod accessories and other different adapters.

Ok then i hope this helps

Later