Things HDMI

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by FL-GATOR, Feb 2, 2011.

1. FL-GATOR

FL-GATOR Extra

I'm building a house/theater from the ground up. I want to connect various video displays to my A/V receiver, a LCD screen in my office, a LCD in the livingroom and an LCD projector, also in the living room.

What are the pro/cons of spillters and switches. Picture quality is, of course, critical. Is there a brand you would recommend.

For HDMI cable, I need 30' to the projector and 10' to the LCD screens. I see a million different brands out there, and I don't want to buy a cheap one that would harm the image quality, but I'm not real big on dropping $350 for a cable unless I have to.

Is there a brand that is high quality, yet reasonably priced?

Thanks for any input,

GATOR

2. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Screenwriter

go to places like Bluejeans Cables or Monoprice.

The concerns I have about splitters would be making sure that a given device doesn't get confused, causing HDCP protection errors or something. I'm sure it's a situation that's been "dealt with;" I just haven't paid that much attention to it.

Leo

3. isai124

isai124 Auditioning

Well here are some HDMI cables if you are still interested http://www.emtcompany.com/cables/hdmi-cables-page-2.html I heard from my friends that the Rocketfish HDMI cables are great. This site also have ipod accessories and other different adapters.

Ok then i hope this helps

Later