What's new

The Sopranos (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Finally broke down and bought the first season blind. Heard enough good things about it, and I had good luck with my last blind purchase (Twin Peaks), so why not. I've only made it through the first 7 episides so far, but I'm hooked. Buying Season 2 is only a matter of time...

So is HBO planning on releasing Season 3 etc in the same timeframe (1 a year around Christmas) or has no official announcement been made? Which season is on HBO now-4?

Geoff Sharp

Auditioning
Sopranos season 4 should start airing around october (it's about damn time!) We should probablly see season 3 dvd's pretty soon after.

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
For those who have never seen Season3 (like myself since I don't have HBO) and you cannot wait for the DVDs, the Season 3 repeats start on March 3. So have you friends Save to VCR from their TiVO.......

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Or for those of us in Canada who can't even get HBO (damn CRTC), we'll just have to wait for the DVDs. I like watcing them a season at a time anyhow.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
Um... hello Chris ?? Canadians have been seeing THE SOPRANOS on TMN ( The Movie Network ) almost day & date with the HBO run.

And if that's not enough, Canada is the only country in the world to have actually had the Sopranos available on FREE broadcast television via the national network CTV, who have now broadcast seasons 1 & 2 uncut.

Where have you been ????

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Does CTV broadcast uncut? I did not know that-I'd always assumed that the episodes were edited for content and time.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
Completely uncut - usually causing the CTV news at 11pm to push back to 11:15 or so.

The U.S. networks reportedly watched this experiment with great interest.

Trent C

Agent
I also noticed out in the west here Movie Central is broadcasting the Sopranos again. I believe they are somewhere in season number one.

Trent

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Yeah-I heard that it was illegal here, since the CRTC can't regulate it. Anyone who has it is getting bootleg cards, am I right?

IanS

Stunt Coordinator
Chris,

It is not illegal to operate DirecTV or DishNetwork system in Canada. Whoever told you this was off their rocker.

Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks