1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Secret Circle - season 1 thread

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

The CW brings Britt Robertson (Life Unexpected) back on "The Secret Circle", airing on Thursday nights at 9 p.m. EDT. It appears to be about witches. http://www.cwtv.com/shows/the-secret-circle

2. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Well-Known Member

I watched it tonight because I really liked Brittany Robertson on Life Unexpected, but I doubt I'll be sticking around. They took the Vampire Diaries formula and transported it to witches in a very Twilight-esque town. The back story seems fascinating with the mother and all of the dead parents, but the superficial casting on most of the coven or whatever is a turn off.

3. Adam Lenhardt

You could really make a drinking game out of this show: take a shot every time Diana announces an out-of-left-field social engagement that leaves her boyfriend and Cassie conveniently alone together, take a shot every time the witch with no self-respect hops into bed with the warlock that treats her like shit, take a shot every time one of the parents does something evil, etc.

4. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Well-Known Member

I'm liking this show. Especially the story about the adults and what happened years earlier. Glad they are mixing the young and old.

5. Adam Lenhardt

On a CW show, it's refreshing to see a teenage protagonist acknowledge that they're out of their league and turn to a parent or guardian for help. It was also neat getting a glimpse of what a full on witch can do via the grandmother.

6. Adam Lenhardt

This show is still very much in the "guilty pleasure" category, but I'm starting to get a little invested. Brittany Robertson does creepy badass better than I might have expected.

7. Vaughan Odendaal

Vaughan Odendaal Well-Known Member

Is anyone here still watching the show ? :)

8. Adam Lenhardt

Yup. It's a guilty pleasure.