1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Omen (Blu-Ray Collection), can't find reviews

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Maurice Verploegen, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Maurice Verploegen

Maurice Verploegen Well-Known Member

I have been searching HTF and the web for any reviews of this box set. Can't find any of them. Let alone the stand alone BD release of "The Omen" by itself. I am on the fench on the this one. I realy wanted to read some reviews on it first before I pull the trigger. Any ideas?

Thx.

2. MatS

MatS Well-Known Member

here is a comment from a forum member at d_dtalk.com

his pictures and comments about the shoddy job on the box set were none too encouraging either

3. bases1616

bases1616 Active Member

Be patient reviews will be up in the next few days. Reviewers started receiving there copies today. One of the guys at AVS Forum received his today and showed us the cheap cardboard the movies come in. His impressions will be posted soon.

The Omen: Complete Collection - AVS Forum

4. MatS

MatS Well-Known Member

^ the person I referenced in my post and the one that was referenced below it are the same person ... just so you are aware

5. Darcy Hunter

Darcy Hunter Well-Known Member

6. stephen^wilson

stephen^wilson Well-Known Member

Recieved my copy of The Omen collection the other day and I was totally shocked at the very cheap packaging the discs came in.I don't know what Fox were thinking but the box is just about the cheapest looking and feeling thing i've ever seen,very flimsy indeed.I was expectring something at least like the Die hard collection box but this is beyond a joke.I've seen sturdier packaging on a snickers!

7. Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette Well-Known Member

I only purchased the original Omen, as the other films are of no interest to me. But I did see the thread on DVD Talk concerning The Omen Collection packaging, and if you are at all familiar with the horrendous packaging used on the Battlestar Galactica HD DVD set you will 'run for the hills' when you it.

ImageShack - Hosting :: 1000607ix4.jpg

Those awful foam hubs should be banned. Even if I was interested in the whole set, I wouldn't buy it on principal alone. No film series deserves that kind of treatment.

8. bases1616

bases1616 Active Member

I like the second one as well. When he found out who he was and started to use his power.

9. Michael Osadciw

Michael Osadciw Well-Known Member

Michael Osadciw
    I just got my review copy today. I'll peek through it Friday.

10. Nick Laslett

Nick Laslett Well-Known Member

11. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Well-Known Member

I agree 200% about the packaging. It is simply UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I can't believe that 20th is showing so such a lack of respect for one of their MAJOR properties. Not to mention the lack of respect for the people who buy their products.

I have not watched it yet, so I have no comment on the actual AV presentation.

12. John H Ross

John H Ross Well-Known Member

Hmmm I've decided to skip this box set due to a) the apparently shitty packaging and b) the inclusion of the remake which was, well, just pointless.

I will pick up the individual Omen disc instead.

Any news if Damien and The Final Conflict will be released separately, like Fox is doing with the Planet Of The Apes sequels?

13. Jeff Swindoll

Jeff Swindoll Well-Known Member

This may be the absolute worse packaging of a major studio that I've ever seen! (not having seen Battlestar HD DVD) It reminds me of those dollar store $1 DVDs!! To make matters even worse my review copy was send in a bubble mailer and it looks like Old Scratch himself stepped on it. Atrocious. I've not even looked at the discs yet and I already hate it [​IMG].

14. CRyan

CRyan Well-Known Member

Funny. I actually like the foam hubs. I have a few from '98 that used them and they have held up very well. They are gentle on the disc and easy to remove and replace the discs. I cant comment on the rest of the packaging as I dont have this set yet.