What's new

The Official Defective Disc Replacement Thread (1 Viewer)

WadeM

Supporting Actor
When calling for the replacement Silly Symphonies DVD, they ask for the stock number listed on the disk. It is a 5 digit number in the same square on the disk that contains the running time and the technical support phone number. So you may want to have that ready when you call...

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Thanks for that additional information Wade, when i called about my replacement disk, the did say exactly what you said, and stated that as the disk became available, and mailed out, with the return envelope for the other disk. I just wish that they would have done the same for Fantasia , if it says complete, uncut original, then that is what it should be.

Clint_G

Agent
Real Name
Clint
Tory said:
I tried to replace a year old Knight Rider disc from Universal that was defective and it was not worth the trouble. They wanted me to pay shipment both ways and wanted the store receipt, which I did not have.
Great. :frowning:
So I guess I should just rebuy Apollo 13 and Vertigo and keep the original cases, although my discs are the first run ones. I haven't checked but I hope I don't lose anything feature wise.

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo
Thank you for putting together this thread. I wasn't aware of the disc replacement program for the WDT: More Silly Symphonies. I called Buena Vista for the disc replacements

I also called WB for Looney Tune GC Volume 2 and Tom and Jerry Volume 1. I previously called them for the Superman discs and Volume 2 of Tom and Jerry.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
I just thought that it would benefit everyone if all the disc replacement info was confined to one thread, and i thank the Moderators:

Ronald Epstein, Robert Crawford, Jack Briggs for making it a sticky.

when i called disney, they stated that the disc would be sent when they were pressed as the replacement disc were not ready when the announcement was made.

LCD22

Screenwriter
What were the three shorts that were affected by interlacing problems on Volume 2 of the Looney Tunes Golden Collection?

comet1961

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
I just got my SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE replacement disc. It's still screwed up! The corrected 2.0 mix is included this time only they did it wrong. It doesn't decode right with Dolby Pro-logic. The dialog is not in the center but comes out of all four channels, it's not supposed to. I went to this site I visit that does really good reviews (slow to post but great), and he spotted it too. In fact he has a article that explains exactally what went wrong. I can't believe Warners would screw this up again. I can't believe no one even noticed it.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
I just found this article that discusses a disc replacement for Volumes 1 and 4 of the Walt Disney Legacy Collection: True-Life Adventures sets.
Link

WadeM

Supporting Actor
Has anyone received their Silly Symphony replacements yet? Any word on a date?

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I phoned today to request the Silly Symphony replacements. I'm in the UK but I'm pleased to say that I was told this was not a problem and they would be happy to mail me replacements. They do not yet have a date when the replacement discs will be available.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I just remembered the Disney Silly Symphonies replacement program and I still have not received anything. I hope this gets done soon.
I called several times for T& J Spotlight one and received nothing.

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
Is the Monty Python issue really only on certain players? If so which players have the issue. I seem to remember the issue having something to do with progressive scan, which I honestly am not that familiar with. I'm just curious as to whether I should bother to replace the disk or not.

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
Is there an replacement in the works for W.C. Fields "Man on the

Flying Trapeze" Dvd from the second set,This dvd has sync Problems

in the Beg of the film.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
I just got my More Silly Symphonies replacement discs right now. They were shipped from Buena Vista Home Entertainment Consumer Relations Dept. (in Wisconsin!). Haven't had a chance to look at them yet but I will tonight.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Got Silly Symphonies. Still having trouble with Warner about replacing T&J 1 though.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Jonathan-S said:
I'm also in the UK and have just received the More Silly Symphonies replacement discs. They were shipped by someone called Sarah Martin from Neenah, WI 54957 on July 17.
Anybody else got theirs?
I'm also in the UK and received replacement discs on 20 July (also from Sheila Martin). THANK YOU DISNEY!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks