What's new

The New Adventures of Old Christine - ever-enduring thread (merged) (1 Viewer)

Alan Lee UK

Stunt Coordinator
Did anyone else get the impression watching the last episode "Let Him Eat Cake" that the writers weren't 100% confident that the show would return after its hiatus, so they kind of semi-wrapped things up just in case? I hope this show still has places to go, despite the fact that Old and New Christine are now apparently reconciled.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

I dont think the network would have cancelled the show in the middle of the season, though. I think that would have been pretty weird, especially as it was pretty established (and didnt it win some awards?), and not a freshman series or anything. But, nevertheless I'm still glad it's back on Monday, if only because I just found it. :)

I think that the show has plenty of places to go to - I don't believe that good plots and stories need serious conflicts at their center, I think everyday life kind of stories can work just as well.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Cool, I didn't think there was a thread on this show. I usually don't like many new sitcoms, but I really do love this show.

IanDP

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ian
I agree, this show is surprisingly good. Julia has a great energy and presence. I was big fan of Seinfield, and it turns out she's pretty funny on her own.

Yes. Julia has won and been nominated for "Christine...". It's unlikely that they will cancel this series after she has won. They will continue to give it a chance.

2006: won Emmy for Best Actress in a Comedy Series -- The New Adventures of Old Christine
2007: nominated Golden Globe for Best Actress in a TV Series-Comedy -- The New Adventures of Old Christine
2006: nominated SAG Award for Outstanding Performance By an Actress in a Comedy Series -- The New Adventures of Old Christine

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
The best part is, she isn't playing the 'Elaine' role, she is more of a "George Costanza" character, which is great.

I always loved the Seinfeld epsiode where George's life started to turn around and Elaine started to become pathetic: "I'm GEROGE! I'm GEROGE!" LOL - She was great playing the loser character.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
I was pleasantly surprised that there were two episodes last night - I didn't know that they were going to do that until they showed a promo during the Amazing Race on Sunday.

I completely loved the first episode - especially the waffle promises and the cat named Burton. (Who names their cat after themselves? Really? Do people do that? But it was still funny.) Wanda Sykes is great - I hope they feature her a lot this season.

FYI, there's a sneak peek from next weeks' episode up on Yahoo video: http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=309959

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
So do Californian's really vote in garages? :confused:
I love when he does (like last night) the quick turn around to his mom, with those wide eyes, as if to say "Is that true?" :laugh:

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Just finished watching Season 2 on DVD. Why is the last episode called "Frasier"? Did I miss something? An in-joke? If it's obvious, I'm gonna "D'oh!" I searched the web briefly and could not find anything except at TV.com which says the episode title is the same name as another popular show. Duh!

Thanks!

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein

Because the previous episode was named "Friends"

It's like when a bunch of people are toasting and they all say, "Cheers" and you say, "Seinfeld"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks