What's new

The Matrix COllection hits HD DVD MAy 22!! (1 Viewer)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Not sure what this "side 1" and "side 2" business is about.

Edit: Ah, I see now. Missed the "double sided discs" thing initially.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Apparently they think that we like reading fine print on the inner ring of a double-sided disc, which my eyes stopped being able to fully resolve when I hit the age of 40.

Oh well, that's $100 I can spend towards an eye exam, I guess.

- Steve

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Oh, and what's this crap about putting all the movies in a single set? I don't want to see the second and third movies again...

- Steve

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Not wild about double sided discs, but I would never let that stop me from buying a movie that I wanted in HD because I'm not....well, insane. (Although I will add that it buggs me enough to consider waiting to see if the BD will make use of the extra 20 gigs and keep them single sided, which seems likely. But it is ultimately a definite purchase either way.)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

It's a given that they will release them separately after a certain period of time passes.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

Yes, but many of us don't want to have to wait. The Matrix is one of those "big" films that people have been clamoring for on HD.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i'll pass.
wait for the single films to be released.

never need to watch the last 2 again.
certainly wont pay to have them in my house.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Pretty impressive list there Sean. Thanks for posting that. Would love to get this but like many here it seems, only want the original. Might be awhile though if they follow the Mission Impossible series. That set arrived on Oct. 30, 2006 and won't be released separately until May 2007.

I'll probably have to splurge and get it....talking big now but I'm a wuss on street date. :)

Norman Matthews

Second Unit
Awesome news. And now to sit back and hope for pretty much the exact same announcement regarding the Superman Ultimate Collection.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
It seems Warner has conformed that the reason for the delay in the BD release is the implementation of BD-Java.

I hope this means that Warner will no longer hold up their HD DVD releases while waiting for BD to get their act together.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

No kidding! This is going to be one busy/expensive week. And big not only for HD media releases but for theatrical releases as well.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
I'm going to pick up the less expensive set, just because I'm not all that concerned with all the extras. I actually like the second and third films, so I'm not at all unhappy about getting all three. :)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
As much as I want the Matrix films, and will purchase them on BD once available, this release will get overshadowed by the release of both Pirates movies on the same day, as well as the 3rd opening 3 days later. It will be Pirate mania that week.

Being a box set will definitely hurt it as well as shown by the comments in this thread.

Guess the good news is that it doesn't look like it will be a THD release.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
BOOOO to double sided discs!

Are the movies on one side or split over both?

Do a Paramount 2 disc!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks