What's new

The Legend of Billie Jean (1985) - Helen Slater, Christian Slater (2 Viewers)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Maybe one of the actors, could try to buy the rights to release the dvd unsuccessfully ! Hey, it worked like a charm for night of the comet, lol !.I truly believe night of the comet , would still be not on dvd.Please Sony, I know its too late for this year, but please dont let 2008 go by and still no billy jean dvd !!!

Don3996

Agent
Real Name
Don
I keep checking every month for this title myself...considering the stars and the popularity of it compared to many other titles already out I can only assume maybe there is some music clearance issue or something perhaps.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
If its a music problem, why doesnt Sony just come out and say so ? Seems simple enough, or maybe they just have a sick pleasure of seeing this be, the longest active running thread in HTF HISTORY !!!!!!!!

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I can't believe this movie isn't on dvd. I saw it was on one of the HD channels recently. I thought for sure that meant it had been released. I was all set to buy it. No such luck. :frowning:

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
It's scheduled for TCM shortly (maybe already gone past). I know I set my TiVo to record it earlier this week.

Haden

Supporting Actor
It's running on Showtime this month. Airing a few times this week, according to my Cox Digital Cable guide.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I remember not liking this too mcuh when it hit cable in the 80s. I have no doubt I'd do a turnaround all these years later. A double set with Billy Jack would be something I'd consider buying. I've never even seen Billy Jack.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I, for one, would definitely buy it. I've been waiting years for an official dvd release of this movie. Can't believe it's still not out there.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Ive recently lost a big money bet because of this not coming to dvd.For those curious, I bet with someone that this would come to dvd before Howard the duck!!!!!!!!!Ive still got 1 big bet left, and I think its humanly impossible to lose. That bet is, Im definitely sure Legend of billy jean will come to dvd before Batman 1966 series!!!!!!

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I have some news about the movie.

first: I met helen slater at the hollywood show. I ask her about the movie. she said that she had recorded a commentary track for the dvd.. the date is still unknown for the release.

however if you have netflix streaming. its on there now. I am not sure of the format? fullscreen/widescreen of it. I did see it listed as a new release. for anyone that is interested.

Jacob

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by TheBat

I have some news about the movie.

first: I met helen slater at the hollywood show. I ask her about the movie. she said that she had recorded a commentary track for the dvd.. the date is still unknown for the release.

however if you have netflix streaming. its on there now. I am not sure of the format? fullscreen/widescreen of it. I did see it listed as a new release. for anyone that is interested.

Jacob
Could this be coming to dvd in 2010? I would love a nice remastered copy. Cool about the commentary. I wonder what she says about the movie. I have a feeling it will finally get its official release on dvd. :)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I don't know.. but its possible that it could come out next year.

Jacob

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Is it possible that this might be an Anchor Bay release? I say that because as many have witnessed, Anchor Bay has been releasing some Sony product recently, and this seems like it might fit in with the company's line of thinking. I would gladly buy it.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I wonder if they would include featurettes on the looks and styles of the movie.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
The more time that passes, the least hopeful I get of an official dvd release. If Sony goes the MOD route, we may see a release. They really have cut down on releases of any kind lately. A lot of re-issues and the like but new stuff seems to be diminishing on their release calendar.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
This keeps popping up on MGM-HD.
guess I'll record it to see what everyone is talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks