What's new

The Legend of Billie Jean (1985) - Helen Slater, Christian Slater (1 Viewer)

Esten

Supporting Actor
Still nothing new? I got the typical canned response from Columbia some months back.

Esten

Supporting Actor
Still nothing? Unbelievable.

I've heard of a widescreen print playing on HDNet in the past 18 months, so Columbia obviously has the means of a DVD.

walter o

Supporting Actor
True, but they have been running a nice print of NIGHT OF THE CREEPS on cable, and nothing. And with the recent OOPing of many catalog titles, you have to wonder if Sony has any interest putting out catalog titles anymore.:frowning:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Is it because of the impending release of Blu-Ray and HD-DVD that Sony has adopted this ridiculous attitude? I remember reading that when they suspended releasing their titles in their proper OAR's.

If so, talk about jumping the gun and putting all your eggs in one basket.

As for this great 80's staple, a good friend and I would LOVE to have this film on dvd! But for me, of course, it's No OAR = No Sale!!

RyanAn

Screenwriter

I'm not sure if you are refering to Night of the Creeps or Legend of Billie Jean, but you are talking at the latter, I HIGHLY doubt it is the sole reason. Of course, I would be content just to have a non-VHS copy.

Ryan

P.S.

I want my Legend of Billie Jean Laserdisc/DVD/BluRay/HDDVD!!!!

NeilM

Auditioning
this is one of the last of the movies (on my list) that i want out on DVD!

it seems foolish that Columbia hasn't put it out, because it certainly does have a cult following!

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
It makes no sense to me either why it's not on DVD when they release titles that are way more obscure than "The Legend of Billie Jean". Besides, it's a GREAT movie!

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor

Another great movie! I recently dubbed my VHS copy onto DVD cuz it wasn't copy protected but it's not the same thing.

I have seen that movie at least 20 times. I can almost quote it from memory.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I'd say Vibes has a good shot of coming soon a
s they have a 16:9 HD print of it that's been shown on HDnet. Just need to downconvert and put it on a disk.

John*P

Second Unit
Sheesh, I started this thread on July 31st, 2004...I figured we'd have a Legend of Billie Jean DVD by now.

This movie was recently featured on VH1's "I Love the 80s 3-D"

Esten

Supporting Actor
DVD sales are at the highest they've ever been, so they abstain on lots of catalog titles, because of a format that may not even catch on?

Genius.

Esten

Supporting Actor
Even downconverted to standard definition, the HDNet print is still more than good enough for a DVD....

Sony, get off your can!

tyler payne

Second Unit
Real Name
tyler payne
Why is it I was not able turn on the TV about a year ago without TBS playing this movie every other night? Now that I really feel like watching it, it hasn't been on in forever. Guess I'll have to visit my parents and see if my old VHS is still with all my other crap.

Come on let's see a DVD of this by years end!!

tyler payne

Don May Jr

Stunt Coordinator
Heh! I was wondering the same thing... I have a beautiful HD copy of the film (from HDNET MOVIES, I think) that is saved on my HD Tivo. The quality is nice... I would think that they'd be releasing it soon to DVD because they did do a new HD transfer.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I remember watching it on video many years ago. I would buy the dvd if it was released.

Jacob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks