What's new

"The Edge" ever getting a new release? (1 Viewer)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
This is a fairly recent movie that still has a non-anamorphic bare bones release. Does anyone know if it will ever get the special edition treatment? I know there has to be gobs of behind the scenes stuff on just working with Bart the Bear.

Plus a new transfer would be nice given the beautiful scenic landscapes that are shown throughout the film.

Ward>R

Auditioning

I'm with you! This was a beautiful film and had some very intense and frightening moments! It is definitely deserving of an upgraded special edition.:emoji_thumbsup:

Declan

Second Unit
well I loved it too. The Uk r2 version is anamorphic and has a few extras. Never seen it though. I got the r1 when it came out. Great show, and it's a wonder Jery Goldsmith never got an Oscar nomination at least for his score. Love those type of outdoor action films, but this has a great will he/wont he plot behind it too? (those of you who dont know who i'm on about it's Alec Baldwin's character, although i'm not telling you why).

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
the movie was actually pretty good, but the marketing was awful. the trailers for it didn't give you any sense of what the moview was really about. i don't have any info on a new release, but would certainly like to see an anamorphic release.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Funny. I posted the reply after your second post... He. :D
Sure now it makes me look like a dick in my third post. :D

Hmmm, I may have to check out the R2 release now if nothing turns up of a SE coming.

The trailer was pretty bad (as that is the only extra on the R1 dvd).

The score was definately worthy of recognition. Very powerful and recognisable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks