What's new

The Company Of Wolves!!! (1 Viewer)

Martin S

Stunt Coordinator
Now this might not be that exciting to a lot of you but, here in the UK, I was on PLAY's Site and they have listed THE COMPANY OF WOLVES to come out on Blu-Ray on October 15th! I love this wee film and the visual look is perfect for Hi-Def . Anyone know any details about this?

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Yes, it's a brilliant film on HD. I own the HD DVD version (Le Pacte des Loups, French language track - DTS-MA - with English subtitles) for 4 months now. I suppose the BD will be equally good.

Cees

Martin S

Stunt Coordinator

Ah..no..Thats the BROTHERHOOD OF THE WOLF (brilliant by the way!).
This is a film by Neil Jordan and adapted from Angela Carter's work. Its a weird adult fairy-tale, symbolic imagery, type thing...with werewolves!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Ah, sorry for that, Martin!
Lost in translation, apparently!

htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

(And I will check out yours!)

Cees

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

I saw this film at a drive in when it first came out. I don't remember too much about it (I was distracted by my date) other than the fact that it was sort of a Gothic re-telling of the little red riding hood story.

Doug

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Cool to be getting such an obscure film on high def already - if I remember right it didn't even get a proper SD release until a couple of years ago. I remember eyeing the clamshell VHS case for this every time I was at the video store as a kid - the cover art creeped me out significantly.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Which studio is releasing this? All we have in North America @ this point is the lackluster SD release from Hen's tooth.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
When I saw "The Company Of Wolves" my eyeballs almost popped out of my head.

Martin S

Stunt Coordinator
Soooooo...anyone in the UK magaed to pick this up? Did it come out? My order with PLAY hasn't been dispatched and, as usual, they offer no information.

Dave-A

Auditioning
Got it today from Bensonsworld. Total price was around $30 shipped to the USA.

I can confirm that the Blu-Ray is Region Free (or at least playable on USA PS3s). The only special feature is the audio commentary track from the UK special edition DVD. The features it's missing from the SE DVD are the stills gallery and theatrical trailer.

I've only scanned through it briefly, but so far the video quality looks pretty good. It looks like the same print from the UK DVD. I noticed the same dust specks on both. But it appears to be a bit darker with better colors. The red cape really seems to pop. It's not a jaw-dropping upgrade, but I'm happy.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

Oh, thank God! :emoji_thumbsup: I should be receiving this soon from Bensonsworld too, and it would have really sucked if it were region coded.
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

Martin S

Stunt Coordinator
This title seems cursed to try and get.I had an order with PLAY for about a month with no luck so far. I then switched to SENDIT and thats out of stock as well!! Might try switching to BENSONS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks